Honored Contributor

Re: 100% Organic Argan Oil at Target

On 1/8/2015 littlelillie said:

Okay, I got an official response from the company.

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your support in ACURE and for reaching out to us! Our Argan Oil is 100% USDA certified organic, fairly traded and hand-pressed through the Women's UCFA Cooperative in Morocco. It is also 100% cold-pressed first pressing of the plant. This means that it is completely unrefined and at its highest potency.

Below, I have listed a little more information for you on our Argan Oil and all of the benefits there is to using it.

Argan Oil has a high nutritional content, is versatile, healing, and balancing. Argan Oil is good for all skin types including combo/oily/problematic/acne-prone/sensitive.
  • Highest Omega concentration - 80% polyunsaturated essential fatty acids
  • High vitamin E concentration
  • light-weight and easily absorbed
  • protects and balances moisture
  • Ideal for facial skin to decongest pores, calm redness and inflammation, effective for stretch marks, scarring, sunburn, cuticle treatment, sore muscles, and to add a light moisture to the hair or to smooth and prevent frizz
We consider Argan Oil to be a multi-purpose oil as mentioned above as it has great healing and balancing properties. For those with acneic skin, the Vitamin E pushes oxygen into the pores to help reduce acne bacteria as well as assisting to soften congested debris like blackheads. For those with normal/dry skin, the essential fatty acids are wonderful at stimulating healthy firming, moisture balance, anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling support. Plus, you can use it for so much more...sunburns, wound healing and scars, adding shine to hair and decreasing frizz/fly-aways, cuticle treatment, etc.

Thanks again for contacting us! Our team of Educators/Experts are always here to assist you with any product questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact us anytime!

Kindly,

ACURE Expert | expert@acureorganics.com

ACURE for your Skin. ACURE for the Planet.

Great information, thank you for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2015 magemay said:

I've come to really love the Acure products that I use; body lotions, shampoos and Marula oil. NO ANIMAL TESTING, made in the US and many of the products don't contain animal derived ingredients.

Great quality, prices and there are a number of online sites that have 20% off sales. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

woot! awesome.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Funloving said:
On 1/8/2015 taja123 said:
On 1/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/8/2015 Karena said:
On 1/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/8/2015 Karena said:
On 1/8/2015 scatcat said:
On 1/8/2015 Karena said:
On 1/8/2015 Ms X said:
On 1/8/2015 Karena said:

I take it the Acure argan oil isn't first cold-pressed (just organic)? I checked their website, but there is no mention of it being first cold-pressed. Thanks!

Karena: Can you tell us what difference first cold-pressed makes? I do love Josie Maran's products.

Hi Ms. X - When argan oil has been cold-pressed, it means it was not heated over a certain temperature. It means it was pressed at temperatures below 60 degrees; this allows the oil to retain more nutrients and undergo less degradation. "First press" means that the argan oil was made from the first pressing of the argan nuts and not from second or third pressings like some argan oils are made. Highest quality argan oil (Josie Maran, Shea Terra Organics, etc.) is made from the first press and it is cold-pressed, meaning you're getting the highest quality, most effective in terms of nutrients for the skin. Hope this helps!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Shea Terra argan oil is cold pressed. From what I am reading, "first" is a marketing word. Being organic and cold pressed seem to be what we'd want (and 100% naturally)

Hi Scatcat - Thanks for your post! I am sorry if I incorrectly stated that Shea Terra Organics was first cold-pressed. Perhaps my recollection was incorrect. There is a difference between first, second and third pressings, so I don't believe it is just a marketing term.

I wish I could remember my source, but I swear reading that cold-pressed argan oils utilize only the first-pressed oil because basically there is no oil left to be extracted after pressing. That would mean that the big hoopla about "first-pressed" may indeed by a marketing term.

That would make sense then; so the 2nd and 3rd pressings emerge because of heat, is that right?

I don't know. That might be the case. I think the source was basically saying that there really isn't anything left after the first press.

It's more like a tea bag would be: the first use is strong and pure and the more you use it the weaker it gets and less of the tea and with some additives. Adrienne at HSN has been selling argan oil for years. It isn't first cold pressed, and it's cheaper. My mom always told me to spend the most money I could on shoes and first cold pressed olive oil. And I do!

I buy the finest olive oil too. I use olive oil on so many foods & want to get the most benefit from the best.

Glad to hear it. I hope you buy it in the dark bottles. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Wow - that's a pretty impressive response. I'll have to check their products out, especially shampoo/conditioner. I'm getting over the Wen hype since I've started putting Argan oil in my hair - it has really made a huge difference in the shine and drastically cut breakage.

Respected Contributor

Their reply has sold me. I will definitely check the line out at Target. I am happy not to pay twice the price to the pretty model who rubs oil on her body on tv pretending she's doing me a favor
Frequent Contributor

Amazon also carries dozens of Argan Oil products. Even Josie's has hers there.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Catbelly said:

Wow - that's a pretty impressive response. I'll have to check their products out, especially shampoo/conditioner. I'm getting over the Wen hype since I've started putting Argan oil in my hair - it has really made a huge difference in the shine and drastically cut breakage.

I stopped using Wen and now use Acure Moroccan Argan shampoo and love it. I use the Lemongrass & Argan clarifying when I've used a bunch of smutz in my hair and it removes styling products really well. I alternate these with Suzanne Organics shampoo. I don't color my hair, so I don't know how they perform for that. They are SLS & SLES free.

My hair used to be a static mess this time of year and doesn't any more. One of the things that I really like about these shampoos is that they don't leave my hair squeaky clean, but they don't leave it feeling coated or filmy. No straw man hair, either. It's soft, bouncy and manageable.

Target has a limited variety of Acure products, since it's just being introduced there. Check online, their products are often on sale at various sites and prices are always reasonable.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/9/2015 scatcat said: Their reply has sold me. I will definitely check the line out at Target. I am happy not to pay twice the price to the pretty model who rubs oil on her body on tv pretending she's doing me a favor

Wink{#emotions_dlg.devil2}. I get what you're saying. I love the argan oil made by the pretty model (I love playing code speak), but haven't exactly disliked the alternative choices I've tried (Shea Terra, Physicians Formula, and recently 100% Pure). Therefore, in my heart I cannot in complete honesty tell anyone not to try to save a few bucks, and try some of these alternative options before spending nearly $50 for the pretty model's very nice argan oil.

Respected Contributor

For me the discovery of this item at Target is far more meaningful than Josie's supposed ""discovery"" of Argan Oil on an elderly woman. The price is great!

Thanks for the heads up littlelillile.

Super Contributor

KatCat, In case you missed my post in another thread about Acure Marula oil, hopefully you'll check back in a see this one.

I'm halfway through my 2nd bottle and I love it. It's my favorite of all the one's that I've tried.

Thank you for the recommendation and for your posts about Acure, it's a great line!