Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties!

I'm sitting here, relaxing, enjoying my first day as a retiree!

My oldest son and DIL gave me a $100 Nordstrom gift card as a retirement gift and I've been perusing Nordstrom's website, trying to find something to spend it on. 

If you received $100 to spend at Nordstrom,  what would you buy? (It can be in any category. )

Honored Contributor

Re: $100 Nordstrom gift card

@Texasmouse - Congratulations on your retirement!  Now, let me think, what would I buy at Nordstrom.....

Respected Contributor

Cosmetics. They have my favorites.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just me, but I would add things to my wish list and then check daily (you are retired) to see when the price goes down. 

(sigh) Idid that with a pair of earrings on Macy's....originally $29.50, today marked down to $25.07 and with today's coupon available for $20.06.  I purchased them a few weeks ago during another Macy's sale for $8.85. 

Can you use a Nordstrom's gift card at Nordstrom Rack? 

Respected Contributor

I order my morrocon oil from Nordstroms so it would probably be that and some kind of cosmetic.  All shipping is free at Nordstroms also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cindyNC wrote:

Just me, but I would add things to my wish list and then check daily (you are retired) to see when the price goes down. 

(sigh) Idid that with a pair of earrings on Macy's....originally $29.50, today marked down to $25.07 and with today's coupon available for $20.06.  I purchased them a few weeks ago during another Macy's sale for $8.85. 

Can you use a Nordstrom's gift card at Nordstrom Rack? 

@cindyNC I'm not sure. That's a good question

Respected Contributor

I would put it towards something I normally would not spend either that much money on or bring down the price of something you want. It's a gift, not a time to be frugal. Nordstrom has great clothes, cosmetics, and shoes. Enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

@Texasmouse Congrats on your retirement!

You might also want to check out Nordstrom Rack.  You should be able to use it there too.  I've found some really good deals on there over the years.

Have fun deciding what to buy.

Valued Contributor

Contratulations, both on your retirement and your wonderful son!

If it were I, I'd look for something I couldn't afford on my own. A beautiful coat, maybe, or shoes or boots, or a lovely sweater. Each time you wore an item, you'd think of your boy.

My son recently dropped $1,000 into my account for my hearing aids. Eternally grateful because they were expensive.  Aren't we lucky?!

Honored Contributor

Congrats on your retirement @Texasmouse .  I would purchase perfume.  Have fun shopping!