Super Contributor

10 products for a year challenge!

[ Edited ]

I just saw on youtube a ten products for a year, including skin care challenge! This is my list, but of course I cannot do it!-but if I had to!

This is my list-I did it quickly, without editing, just put some things in my travel bag! try it fast, then edit it later after some thought!

1.Purity made simple

2.Philosophy microdelivery scrub

3.REclaim eye -mazing serum

4.Isomers ultimate super skin serum

5.clarins super restorative tinted cream spf 20 in opal

6.Clarins super restorative night cream

7. Clarins double serum

8.Lancome precious cells mascara

9. Chanel Les Beiges healthy glow multicolor no.1

10.Nars ashes to ashes eye shadow

edited: forgot lipstick! it would be Julie Hewitt camellia ruby balm but I just can't delete anything.maybe the double serum for the lip balm.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 10 products for a year challenge!

Could you provide a link to the you tube page you visited?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

What does that mean, 10 products for a year?

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@Another new name Sue  It sounds like you choose a combo of 10 skincare and makeup products, nothing else, and commit to using only them for a year.  I know I couldn't stick with it.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

yes, please explain!

Super Contributor

I just started watching MaryEllen after 60 on youtube. but there are other youtube beauties that did this challenge.

I just can't figure out what to lose to add that lipstick, but that proves lipstick is not that important to me, I know it might be first on someone;s list.

yes, you choose 10 items to quickly throw in your bag to use for a year. It is kind of a eye opener as to what you actually love and would use exclusively for a year. an eye opener for sure for someone who has a drawer of skincare items and a drawer of eye shadows.

oh, one rule on that youtube video was no palettes, which I would totally do.

Honored Contributor

What's the point? Especially when you include makeup in the list. Does it really matter than I have more than 10 colors of lipstick? I can see it for skin care only. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

@donna71 wrote:

I just started watching MaryEllen after 60 on youtube. but there are other youtube beauties that did this challenge.

I just can't figure out what to lose to add that lipstick, but that proves lipstick is not that important to me, I know it might be first on someone;s list.

yes, you choose 10 items to quickly throw in your bag to use for a year. It is kind of a eye opener as to what you actually love and would use exclusively for a year. an eye opener for sure for someone who has a drawer of skincare items and a drawer of eye shadows.

oh, one rule on that youtube video was no palettes, which I would totally do.

Mary Ellen is such a doll!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS Mom wrote:

What's the point? Especially when you include makeup in the list. Does it really matter than I have more than 10 colors of lipstick? I can see it for skin care only. 

I agree skincare makes sense but makeup too? Exactly what is the point? I use different shades of lipgloss and eyeshadow depending on what I am wearing and my mood. I wouldn't want to use the same colors all year long.

Super Contributor

the point is a fun little quiz to challenge you to think about how you could live with 10 products. I saw it on you tube and wondered how people on this board, a beauty board would respond to the challenge and what they would choose. I did not expect that anyone would actually do the challenge, but thought it would be interesting to see what top 10 products you would choose for kit .

I did not expect anyone would be offended by a fun little quiz