Valued Contributor

Re: 10 Affordable Makeup Subtitutes for Pricey Cult Favorites

Thanks!..I am saving this and am gonna look at that blush and some other elf stuff!..I want some new blushes but dont want to invest alot in them.

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind ELF products are made in China! If you don't care then knock yourself out with this cheap brand. But I surely wouldn't ever be applying any eye makeup made in China to my precious eyes or my skin.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the list! I've got it in my Favs and am going to give several a try. I think we're paying a lot of money for lovely packaging.

Valued Contributor

Great list! Thank you so much for posting this.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the list. I would totally disagree with the Maybelline highlighter. It's nothing like TE!! I've tried it. I'll have to try the dupe for the MAC Ruby Woo! I do prefer L'oreal Voluminous to DiorShow. Diorshow is dry from the start--can't build with it as it's dried out.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Andreatoo said: RCMA's no color powder is even less expensive than the elf and a terrific product. please don't judge it by the packaging.$10 for 3 ounces! I'm going to try Maybelline's Touche Eclat substitute. I would love a dupe for Trish McEvoy's triangle of light
RCMA.... love their Shinto pallet because it has everything my very yellow skin needs to do all season's color changes of coverage ....and full coverage at that. I don't use it daily but it sure is handy when I need it.
Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 KatCat1 said:

The makeup mist by e.l.f. that sets makeup sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has tried this mist and thoughts about it?

Great thread, thanks so much!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 lucylover64 said:
On 3/1/2015 KatCat1 said:

The makeup mist by e.l.f. that sets makeup sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has tried this mist and thoughts about it?

Great thread, thanks so much!

I have had the e.l.f. setting spray for a while, but just got into the habit of using it in the last few months. I have noticed that my makeup stays fresher looking throughout the day if I use it. For me, it's definitely worth the little it costs.

Trusted Contributor

The e.l.f. makeup mist is great! It really keeps my makeup from fading and is so refreshing. The bottle is small enough I can carry it in my bag. When I refresh lip color during the day, i give myself another quick mist.

Trusted Contributor

Never heard of RCMA, can someone enlighten me?