Frequent Contributor

10.7.18 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this week

Old or new, used 100x or first impression, let us know about a beauty product you used this week and your thoughts, good and bad. Remember to mention your skin type, if it is relevant, or other similar products you've used that you liked or no.

Laura Mericer Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation

Is this a throw back or what? A few years ago, Mercier took their cult favorite foundation and created one formula for oily skin and one for dry skin. I have oily to very oily, mature skin and used the Oil Free version. 

I love this foundation. It is medium to medium plus coverage. If you don't have a lot to cover this could be full coverage for you. I prefer to use a sponge but works equally well with a bursh or your fingers. Fullest coverage is with the fingers. Does a good job of blending pores but I find if you kind of push the sponge and gently wiggle over large pore areas, it helps to blind out the pores. Lasts a good 8 hours on my very oily skin. I always set wtih loose powder, lately Boots No 7 or Too Faced Peach Pefect. 

I wear the color Sand for my NC 30 skin tone which is medium with yellow undertones Sand does not have any peach in it which I am very thankful for. 

Although it comes out of the tube as a thick cream I don't "feel" it on my face. If you really like true maximum coverage, I feel you could attain it by adding a second layer. 

What are you reviewing this week?

Respected Contributor

Re: 10.7.18 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this week

I have been trying to shop my stash and use up what I have.  

These are the products I've been using this week.  Instead of individually reviewing each item, I'll just say that all of them are really good drugstore products.  

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation

Make Up Revolution New-Trals vs Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette

Milani Luminoso Blush

Maybelline Inti-Matte Lipstick in Clay Crush

Trusted Contributor

Re: 10.7.18 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this week

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Lulu Bea!  Actually, I will review products I didn’t use this week!  Let me start by saying I usually only put on makeup on Sundays for Church and date night.  That said, I didn’t use bronzer (Laura Geller)  or highlighter (IT powder) today and like the look much better.  I’m 63 and retired but don’t want to look like I’m trying too hard.  I think today’s regimen gave me a better look of not trying too hard.  I may be cleaning out my makeup cabinet this week.  What I used:  Two-faced Blush, Julep orchid eye crayon and IT purple trio powder over it, tarte eyebrow brush/tube, Mally purple eyeliner, Clinique mascara (trying a sample), Clinique mauve matte lip (also a sample) and Lancôme Tickled Pink gloss.  I’m finding way less is way more!  I do use Tatcha Silk Canvas as my primer.  ETA:  I don’t use foundation and only concealer on the zits I still get at my age.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have just started using Algenist Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum.  I have good but aging skin.  I have used this now for about a week and am just starting to see a nice difference.  At first, I thought that my skin looked worse in the morning, but just today it looked like Algenist was finally doing its job.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

I’ve been using Paula’s Choice AHA gel at night and the BHA liquid during the day and my skin looks better than it ever has. I’m 41 years old, and my skin is in that weird, kind of oily but kind of not phase and to boot, it’s really sensitive. I also had a miscarriage in June and that really threw my skin into a tailspin with dry patches, pimples and weird looking rash-like spots on my face. These two products have fixed my issues and then some.