Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry I don't know how to do the drop down for @tototwo in color! You are welcome. 

Just an FYI, the company/ beauty club, Beauty Pie, explains how they buy their products from cosmetic labs around the world. If anyone is interested in product transparency, it's an interesting site.

Trusted Contributor

My sister worked in R&D for a name brand, high-end cosmetic company. She was astonished at the number of other mid-priced to drugstore lipsticks that were made and poured from her company's laboratories. Big prices + Big Names = Big Profits

Valued Contributor

Re: 🤷🏾‍♀️ Moisterizers - Expensive vs. Cheap 🤷🏾‍♀️

I had been having a lot of trouble with itchy skin this winter and some red spots especially around my hair line.  I decided to get rid of the serums/moisturizers I had been using (different Q products) and bought Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Serum and Gel moisturizer. Everything has cleared up and the itching has improved.   So much less $$ and better products.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the difference in prices for a high end moisturizer and a low end one is basically marketing. Marketing B.S. to convince the consumer that they are buying or getting some kind of intangible benefit. Put a french name on the product and voila - you can crank up the price which is what Estee Lauder does. Let's get real here - the Estee Lauder group owns La Mer (in english la mer translates into "the sea"). Does that make you feel like the product is more deluxe? I live in Canada where everything is labeled in both English and French. Does that mean that a bottle of whatever moisturizer is better or more luxurious because it has directions in french? No.

Honored Contributor

I ❤️ my Paula’s Choice moisturizers (her entire skin care line for that matter)! I’m glad they’re reasonably priced for my wallet!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Mz iMac.  

Interesting.

I pay a higher price due to my intention to use Cruelty Free products.  ♥️

Make many of my own.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

If a product is endorsed by any celebs I stay far  away from them.  And fancy containers don't make a product better .