Regular Contributor

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Yesterday as I was Channel surfing I ran across a show the Jayne and Pat were doing  on Philosophy and they were selling something for $186.00. Jayne was presenting with a Philosophy sales rep and Pat was sitting to the side with another Philosophy sales rep. All 4 were talking about the same thing!  Why did it take 4 sales people to sell this item 🤷🏼‍♀️  Perhaps the cost of the item could be lower if there weren’t 4 salespeople droning on. I’m not a big fan of the Q’s “talk show” format. Give me good quality and price without all of this acting.

Honored Contributor

Re: 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

@summergal1.  It would take a heck of a lot more people than 4, to sell me a Philosophy item for $186.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@summergal1

I think it would be nice if you gave a thread title, so other posters would know what the subject of your thread is, to determine if they're interested in opening the thread or not, instead of just symbols.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll know from now on not to open threads with just symbols for a thread title

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

the symbols ARE the reason I looked at this thread---so what if you don't know what it is----now you do.

Respected Contributor

The symbols are also the reason I looked I was curious.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

the symbols ARE the reason I looked at this thread---so what if you don't know what it is----now you do.

@wagirl

Personally, I don't watch QVC, so I had no interest or comment on this subject and would not have opened it had I known.

But as I said, I will now know not to bother if a thread title just has symbols, with no idea what the thread is about.

That's fine with me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

In this case I don't mind the little emojis as the post title. But if everyone started doing this the forum would become unusable.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

I had no words to use.  Usually I don’t use symbols for the very reason you mentioned but after watching the presentation all I could do was put my arms up.  

Honored Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:

I had no words to use.  Usually I don’t use symbols for the very reason you mentioned but after watching the presentation all I could do was put my arms up.  

@summergal1

Just a friendly suggestion, but "Too Many Hosts/Vendors" would work.

Since I don't watch QVC (and many other posters here don't), I would know not to waste my time opening it.

As @Porcelain mentioned, can you imagine what the forums would be/look like if everyone just used symbols for thread titles, that don't tell you anything about the subject?

But you can post anything you like here within the 'Standards', just like all of us, so do whatever you want.

I know now to just ignore them, I've just never seen that done on any forums I visit.