Esteemed Contributor

Re: xxs all the way up to 5x

@GenXmuse wrote:

Maybe they could say 5X and all the way down to xs?

or

Sizes include xxs to 5x....

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@HonestLife wrote:

"Inclusive Sizing"...another phrase..so skinny mini's can feel good or better than others. I'll take my curves and healthy size over any rail thin stick any day. 

Well, now you are being rude to smaller sized people with your terms, "skinny mini" and "rail thin". 

Why do you think thinner people aren't "healthy"?

@september 

Imagine the swift backlash you would get if you used derogatory words for larger people 

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@september wrote:

@HonestLife wrote:

"Inclusive Sizing"...another phrase..so skinny mini's can feel good or better than others. I'll take my curves and healthy size over any rail thin stick any day. 

Well, now you are being rude to smaller sized people with your terms, "skinny mini" and "rail thin". 

Why do you think thinner people aren't "healthy"?

@september 

Imagine the swift backlash you would get if you used derogatory words for larger people 

Exactly! While we're talking about inclusive sizing, where are the talls? Still left out for the most part, although I think if a petite length is offered, so should tall.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

An XS uses more material than an XXS and a small uses more material than an XS and on and on so it's never made much sense to me that plus sizes often cost more. 

I was going to say the same thing! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@madzonie wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

An XS uses more material than an XXS and a small uses more material than an XS and on and on so it's never made much sense to me that plus sizes often cost more. 

I was going to say the same thing! Thank you!

You must not be aware that pricing/cost is a critical factor for offering plus size option.

I think it's a compliment to Q that they're supporting a wider range of sizing 

Do a goggle search on the topic if you're interested in being better informed on the topic.  This is an excerpt from a Vogue article titled:

"Should brands charge more for larger sizes?"

"I recently witnessed a mass-priced apparel chief executive debate larger sizes with his creative director, who was reluctant to size. As they discussed the need for larger fit models and extra patterns, it was pricing that ultimately derailed them. They deemed it unfair to spread the cost of larger sizes across the regular size range they currently produce. But charging more also felt wrong. Flummoxed, they tabled the idea"

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you study clearance and lunchtime specials like I do, you will find the marked down end of the size scale is XXS, XS and S.  It is a rare item that shows the plus sizes to be the last sold.  So, you tiny people are responsible for less profit.  We plus sizes are making them money hand over fist.  And don't give me that, well, it takes more material to make pluses.  

Edit:  I just read that article from Vogue.  That explains a lot right there, they are used to catering to smaller women.  Just check out their models.  If he knew the balance of sizing in this country, i.e., the percentage worn by various sizes, he would perhaps change his tune.  I have pretty much quit buying from two of my old favorite retailers, LL Bean and Eddie Bauer.  The 1X I wear uses less fabric than my husband's XL.  So I have to pay 5.00 more than smaller women's sizes.  

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl no she is not nit picking.i happened to agree,it gets under my skin as well.im sure alot of heavier women feel outcast for being a certain size.

Honored Contributor

I guess its right that you can always find something to be offended by.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

i like the way posters are told what they can be offended about and what they can't. The judgement on the boards is hysterical.

Yes!   At one point, these bigger sizes were not even offered.  Now they are, and there are still complaints?   How about saying "nice that there are more  options now". 

Respected Contributor

@september...I don't know what happened in my post above. I must not have pushed post when I finished. Anyway, the purpose of my post above was off topic and telling you it is great to see you here. And I hope you are still loving your new life after moving. Smiley Happy