Honored Contributor

@Silkeej 

Silkeej,   I didn't realize there were two different breeds of dogs that look similar to the above, which is a Silky.    I think I understand your nic, a bit,  could be wrong though.  

Silky  dogs are beautiful.  that long beautiful hair.   Do they shed, and is the hair a problem to care for??

I was over in St. Charles county yesterday and saw the damage that area had from the freak local storm they had the night before.   Trees on roofs, flash flooding,  torrential rainfall,  almost 3 inches in 20 minutes.   My granddaughters got caught in it and the oldest one was 'creeping' along in her car when a tree fell into the road right in front of her.   She had to turn around and go home another way.   We got no rain or wind from that storm, and the airport got sprinkles at most.   Really a violent storm that dropped straight down south from the Iowa area.   

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

DOS BELLEZAS JUNTAS

Respected Contributor

Possummink, so sorry about the storm damage, but grateful your grandkids are okay. That's a blessing.

Sorry I've been away. We have had huge plumbing and then sewer problems. The cold water lines were re-plumbed 2 weeks ago and Thursday the sewer line broke where there was a connection. Like a joint. Flooded my bathroom and onto the carpeting in the BR before I found it. Had to have plumbers come. A blessing that it was outside the house so they didn't have to jack hammer the flooring inside to fix it.

My sister is having a very hard time. She really needs to move in with her daughter and knows it. Her special needs son who is 46 understands a lot, but not this and doesn't want to move. It's very hard. The infusions she is having are the last thing they can do for her.

DD is taking me out there on Sunday morning. It's close to 100 here and warmer where she is. It will be difficult, but I have to see her.

I got to visit with both baby girls last Saturday. It was exhausting, but they are so beautiful and I have some new pictures to enjoy.

The new baby is due to be delivered on November 25.

She is developing well, but her mommy is losing weight.

I didn't have the time to read your posts, but I think of you all here and hope you are having a good summer.

snappy Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Good Morning

@snappyfrappy 

Snappy,   Thank you for the kind words about my granddaughters.   Many people had lots of damage to their homes but the community is helping out. 

Wow,  I hope insurance will help cover any damage to your carpeting and bathroom.   Strange that it happened so soon after y'all had plumbing work done.    I hope all is fixed and ok by now.

I know it will be a kind of sad visit for you seeing your sister.  I hope the weather isn't too rough on you.  I hope her son can be persuaded to do what is best for his mom.  

I just can't stand temps when they are above 87.    I grew up without AC and got used to having it when at my son's in FL.   We do not have it here as we have fans and huge shady trees all around the house.   The only time it's really uncomfortable is when the humidity is high.  It's been nice here for the last couple of days and tomorrow the humidity is supposed to be low, but then on Sunday we'll be having effects of the tropical storm that's hitting Louisiana.  It's heading up this way for early next week, so they say.  

I hope the mama to be can stabilize her weight and be healthy soon.  That's kind of scary for her,  I am guessing.   Sending prayers and hugs for all of you.  Take care and keep cool and safe. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

27Red Panda