Honored Contributor

Bernie,  I feel a lot like you do.   I had a good and long, almost 39 years, marriage and if Charlie had lived we'd be happily growing old together and being proud of our children and grands.  I  was a bit past 60 when he died and would not ever have considered getting married again.  I too,  am happy with myself though my granddaughters don't understand that.  I always find something to do,  though the older I get the less I get accomplished.   Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

COLONIAL COTTAGE ✧

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

@possummink

I have to agree with both of you.  I met my husband when I was 17.  Since the day I met him, the longest we had been apart was probably just a couple of months.  49 years, married not quite 39.  Most of that time we were together 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  It never got old.  He was the guy I had always dreamed of.  Somebody who could see what was beyond my shy exterior.  And for some reason, he thought the world of me.  If I had never met him, I more than likely would never have gotten married.  I can’t imagine ever getting close to another man, let alone marrying again.

On the other hand, my sister has been widowed for about 27 years.  She’s currently on her second serious “boyfriend” (I don’t know what you call them when you’re 80 years old!), with several casual relationships in between.  But then, she didn’t have the kind of marriage I had.  To each her own.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf

Welcome.  I echo @Bird mama‘s sentiments.  A loss is a loss.  I’m sure divorce is as traumatic as death.  In some ways, probably more so.

Please continue to join in.  You have @possummink to thank for most of those nifty photos.  We all enjoy her efforts!❤️

Honored Contributor

Everyone needs a bear hug once in a while

Everyone needs a bear hug once in a while!!!  Heart

Honored Contributor

scoiattolo - Dionysus -

Trusted Contributor

Oh I feel the same way about my sweet Husband, we had 50 wonderful years.  He was definitely my soulmate.  I would never think of another man,

ever.  I truly don't like being alone but I find many things to keep me busy.  My GK's are wonderful and my 2 sons find time for me also.  The holidays and BD's and other significant days make it hard.  It's been almost 5 years and it still feels like yesterday to me.  Thanks for the wonderful picture and kind and caring posters on here.  This has been a very special place for me.

God Bless you ALL!!

Honored Contributor

16 182 décembre 2018 merci amies amis pour vos créas