Super Contributor

No problem, I think this Holiday is especially hard and I am finding it difficult to concentrate - I went to the cemetary today, it was 8 years ago today that my DH passed away.  He always loved it when the family was together.  Times change and 2 Granddaughters will be with their SO's families, but we will still have 16 people for Thanksgiving Dinner.   

As hard as it is,  I need to welcome my family tomorrow, the little ones need this to be a happy time for them to remember.  And my DH would not want it to be anything else.

Honored Contributor

Southern Lagniappe

Honored Contributor

❤️

Trusted Contributor

Wishing each and everyone of you a very Happy Thanksgiving, may your day be blessed with love and family.Heart

Super Contributor

This is a tough season of the year for all people alone, not just widows. Had a very wise friend train me in widowhood (as much as one can) with a few good thoughts. 

People are all busy and someone alone doesn't attract much attention. So the one who is alone needs to be the one to invite people over. Choose a theme for a brunch, lunch, dinner, etc. and make up something fun to do. When we get older and our energy level is not as good as it used to be, come up with something simple like just inviting friends to go out to eat. 

But it can be fun to entertain at home and do different menus. One thing I have done and everyone had fun with it was to ask everyone to bring their own salad in a jar and I would provide the sandwiches and dessert. One year I gave a color as the theme, for instance, they need to bring something for a pot luck--but it had to have the color red in it. (my friend and I grilled med well steaks as our contribution). Got lots of fun things to eat. One  friend just brought a dish of radishes--and we all loved it because none of us enjoyed cleaning radishes!! Most of the people invited will never remember to be a hostess, but you will have enjoyed it and kept life interesting.

Respected Contributor

Hi possummink, I appreciate the information about the spices being good for us. I never really thought about that. Just like the flavor they give to things. I don't really like coffee anymore, but could add the spices to other things. Yeah.

Hope you had a nice time yesterday. Am sure your GD will be having that little one any minute, unless she already has.

Our little girl was fussy yesterday. I hoped to get a good pix of me with her to use as a Christmas card, but that didn't happen. Do have some cute ones of her alone.

Her mom made her an orange tutu and head band which she wore over a onesie that said "my first Thanksgiving". She looked so cute. She has been losing weight, so the doc is trying to figure out why, but she is strong. She just wants to stand up all the time.

My sis sees the oncologist sometime today to hear what they plan on as a course of treatment for her cancer. She had a good day with one of her girls and some others.

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

halfpint, hope you got your order straightened out. I know if you ordered from the Q, they will make it right. At least they alway do for me.

As you know, it has been very HOT, but I hope some cooler days are coming.

We had a nice family day yesterday. I was tired when we got home, but did have time to hear from everyone and hold the baby for a while. She was tired and a bit fussy, but is so darling. Her beautiful blue eyes are amazing.

Take care,

snappy Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi Snappy and Friends,  My first great grandchild arrived yesterday at about 5:15pm.   He was born by emergency C-section as my GD had been in labor for about 19 or so hours and was having a rough time and then the baby's heart rate started falling.  One of the nurses noticed the numbers and all of a sudden about 20 nurses, doctors, techs rushed into the room and tried to elevate his heartbeat.   Then they rushed my GD to the OR and performed the C section.   The umbilical cord was a bit short and as he dropped into birth position he wasn't getting enough oxygen.  He's fine, beautiful and alert.   

My GD had to put on Oxygen as she was having trouble breathing and was starting to panic.  She was maxed our on the pain killers and they weren't working   She's fine now, sitting up and they had her walk a little bit too. 

I went to the hospital today to see them and he's just precious   A beautiful little baby.   He weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and is 21 and a half inches long.   I think they'll be in the hospital till Monday, not sure about that.    

We did have a nice Thanksgiving over at our brother's home in IL.  Lots of family but concern over the baby and GD was hanging over us so when we got the news that he'd arrived, we had even more to be thankful for.  

Thank you for the good wishes and thoughts.   I really do appreciate them. Heart

Honored Contributor

datura-stramonum:moon-light-catcher:  ☾ mystic, nature , spiritual, magical here ☾  ……………………………………………………….what happens in the forest?

Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/21/db/d321dbdbabbfb19cc97aa8618a078f10.jpg