Regular Contributor

@sarahpanda  I'm so very sorry to read your post.  I've been where you are and it does feel like your whole world as you know it has spun out of control. Take care of yourself and never give up hope that your husband will be ok.  I hope you have family or friends nearby you can lean on if you need to.  Putting you and your husband in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

We found out yesterday that my DH's cancer has spread - not at all what we were expecting to hear.  As I sit here, piling up tear drenched, snotty tissues beside my laptop,  life feels like  being in a car, coming to a screeching stop and having your head bashed into the windshield. Looking around, everything seems changed to me now...things that were the norm in my life aren't anymore, things that seemed important to me aren't anymore. I am bombarded with thoughts of things that need to be 'taken care of' that I never had to do before..so overwhelming.

@sarahpanda 

I am so very sorry to hear this.

Many of us have been where you are.  Quite honestly, there really are no words that will ease your pain, confusion, and fear right now.  And you are so right that in the blink of an eye everything can change.  

Never give up hope.  I do hope you have close family and/or friends with you now.  And spend as much time with your husband as possible.

You are always welcome here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband and family.

🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @sarahpanda   I've been there and remember feeling like I was being swallowed up by a tidal wave.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@geezerette ...Yes, most all of my family live close, no more than 20 miles away and DD lives 8....I can't imagine going through this without them....and I also have my 'church family'...that helps a lot too .  Thank you all for your kind concern, it's priceless.

Trusted Contributor

Dear sarahpanda:   I read your post and it took me back to when I was in your shoes heartbroken and in disbelief, I had lost the love of my life. You came to the right place, the ladies on here have all been where you are and they are great at listening and understanding what you are going through. This for me was the hardest thing I had ever been through in my life. We married young and when he suddenly passed after 58 years of marriage I was lost. I am lucky I have family and they have been a great help to me.  It's overwhelming because suddenly you have to do all the things he did that you took for granted. Come here often and just talk about whatever is bothering you, sometimes we can't burden our family and this is a safe place to come. No judgement just new friends who want to help. I don't know what I would have done without the support I got here. I thank them every day in my heart. Praying that God gives you comfort and strength in days to come.

Honored Contributor

Here's the thread, @Teddie.  Hoping this will be of some help.  I also think that the "Among Friends" forum is good, and "Mom to Mom",  for understanding peers and listeners whenever you want them.  See you soon.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Here's the thread, @Teddie.  Hoping this will be of some help.  I also think that the "Among Friends" forum is good, and "Mom to Mom",  for understanding peers and listeners whenever you want them.  See you soon.

Thank you @Oznell .  Appreciate you so much. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, @Teddie ,  I'm surprised that it still seems to be inactive-- but if desired, you could send out a shout-out.

If inclined, I also thought of another good avenue-- the Bee Hive thread, right here in Among Friends forum.  If you are not familiar with it,  it is a caring, thoughtful and responsive, very funny, ongoing thread.  It couldn't be otherwise, with @just bee  @geezerette  and every one of the other fantastic posters there.   There's none of the disheartening snark or sniping that we've all come to dread.  Everyone who checks in is immediately made welcome.

Anyway,  something to think about....  stay in touch, in whatever way you choose,  @Teddie !  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @Teddie ,  I'm surprised that it still seems to be inactive-- but if desired, you could send out a shout-out.

If inclined, I also thought of another good avenue-- the Bee Hive thread, right here in Among Friends forum.  If you are not familiar with it,  it is a caring, thoughtful and responsive, very funny, ongoing thread.  It couldn't be otherwise, with @just bee  @geezerette  and every one of the other fantastic posters there.   There's none of the disheartening snark or sniping that we've all come to dread.  Everyone who checks in is immediately made welcome.

Anyway,  something to think about....  stay in touch, in whatever way you choose,  @Teddie !  

@Oznell 

Oh, my goodness!  I appreciate the support but I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.  Maybe I should delete all my posts before @Teddie visits and gets the wrong impression! Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @just bee --  you in a "mood",  are still the best draw in town!   @Teddie  can handle it!