Honored Contributor

@luvmybonnie wrote:

Thank you all for your strength. We had no family at all, so now it's just me. I brought his urn home from the funeral home yesterday and don't recall ever crying that hard. My goal right now is to make it just one day without crying.  

@luvmybonnie 

I can fully relate to everything you said here.  I was/am in much the same place.  Anything I had faced previously paled in comparison to those moments, and my life afterwards.  

Kind thoughts and prayers of strength to you.  I can't say it gets "easier", but you do get through it.  And sometimes, that's all you can do.💔🙏🕊❤️

127843EA-0252-4D7F-8954-C5F59626D6AA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

May be an image of text that says 'Good Morning O Enjoy your Saturday God bless You'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says 'Good Morning Ephéméride Season Calendar 17 Avril'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of animal

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower, outdoors and text that says 'Posté/F B/Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@possummink 

I can't tell what kind of animal this is, but it sure is adorable!🥰

Trusted Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

@geezerette  I had the same dilemma and with so much to do, I do what I can comfortabley and I have found a reasonable handy man who does what I can't and he has senior rates which is very helpful. My DS during the spring and summer maintains my yard except for what I like to do in the yard. It's not maintain as it was when my DH was here he loved to putter in the yard, garage and any thing that needed repairs in the house., which I cannot do , so after he passed I had to deal with putting on a new roof and getting thre trimmed painted. I also had the back yard redone so it is pretty much maintenance free used a lot of river rock and steeping stones. I am happy that I have been able to stay here and maintain our home. 

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

@geezerette  I had the same dilemma and with so much to do, I do what I can comfortabley and I have found a reasonable handy man who does what I can't and he has senior rates which is very helpful. My DS during the spring and summer maintains my yard except for what I like to do in the yard. It's not maintain as it was when my DH was here he loved to putter in the yard, garage and any thing that needed repairs in the house., which I cannot do , so after he passed I had to deal with putting on a new roof and getting thre trimmed painted. I also had the back yard redone so it is pretty much maintenance free used a lot of river rock and steeping stones. I am happy that I have been able to stay here and maintain our home. 

@Silkeej 

How nice that you have managed to keep up with your home.  It is indeed difficult, especially if you had a husband that did a lot of the work himself.  And getting older and having more physical limitations just makes it all the harder to deal with.  I keep thinking I can do what I did thirty years ago and end up spending more time at the chiropractor than doing the work!

You're very fortunate to have your DS willing and able to maintain your yard, as well as a handyman that you can trust.  But it sounds like you have done a lot on your own getting other things done and set up so that it's less work for you. All those things that many of us learn to do ourselves.  I still hate making those decisions and dealing with servicemen though!

Honored Contributor

4D712E75-B61F-4AD4-A805-32C869E42FB0.png

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@possummink wrote:

@possummink 

I can't tell what kind of animal this is, but it sure is adorable!🥰

@geezerette 

Geezerette.  It is a baby red fox kit!!   I miss the red foxes we had coming to our place for many years.   Miss their yipping and mole control   I used to feed them each night, chicken necks, that my butcher used to sell me for about 10 cents a pound.   Those days are long gone.   When the coyotes moved into our area, the foxes moved on.  😪