Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone,

Haven't been her for a long time, but did want to check in and wish each of you a very joyous Christmas however you need to celebrate this year in order to be safe.

Nothing is the same otherwise. I stay inside unless I have a doctor's appointment. DD does all the shopping and errands we all have to do. 

Nobody in our family have had Covid, but some people I know have and are all okay now. 

We are under very strict rules out here in CA and there is a lot of anger and resentment about that from small business owners especially. The leaders violate their own rules which is so hypocrical that it's hard to accept that what they dictate is really necessary, or they would follow them for their own safety. 

We are expecting baby girl number 4 on March 1st. That will make 4 little great granddaughters for me. No name yet, but the others are find. The oldest is 3 1/2 and her little sister is now 1. The cousin is 2 1/2 and expecting her baby sister. 

I hope and pray the vaccines will be safe and effective and that the vast majority of the people will get it so we have herd immunity, but I don't want to be the first to try it out.....LOL. 

Do take care and enjoy the Christmas season as best you can this crazy year. 

God bless you,

snappy 

Trusted Contributor

Snappyfrappy, so good to hear from you and to see your doing well.   Happy for your 4th Great grandchild too.   Take care and a blessed Christmas to you and your wonderful family.

Honored Contributor

@snappyfrappy 

Oh, snappy!  It's so good to hear from you!  I have often thought of you (and @halfpint1) and hoped you both have been well.

Life does go on, despite the many changes for most of us.  Glad to hear you are doing well and staying safe.  You are so very fortunate to have such a loving family to be there for you.  But I suspect you had a big hand in shaping them to be that way!😉

Congratulations on your new soon-to-be great-granddaughter!  (My sister is expecting her second in February--so that will make me a great-great-aunt again, too.)

It sounds like you're fairing as well as can be expected under these circumstances and the feelings you describe in your state are somewhat prevalent here too, although we don't have as many restrictions as you do.  It's just a tough situation no matter what you do or don't do.

I hope you stay safe and well, along with the rest of your family.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.  And thank you so much for stopping by!

🎄❤️

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

@snappyfrappy 

Hi Snappy and all my Friends here.   So good to see your post, Snappy.  I've been wondering how you are doing and am glad all is going ok for you.   Congratulations on the new little one that's on the way.   You are blessed with such a loving family.   

My family is doing well, trying to stay safe but trying to see each other now and then.  Who knows when it might be the last time or celebration in which we can all be together?    I am way up in years and miss the closeness we have when we can be together.   Will be so glad when this vile, evil virus is in the past.   Not sure about the vaccines but do hope for some measure of herd immunity.   Can't build immunity unless we're exposed to the germ or virus.   My nephew was exposed by one of his patients and is living in the basement of his own home to avoid much contact with his wife and daughters.  My niece is working the Covid ward at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis?? He's bedridden and no family has visited in his room at all.   Lots of questions.  

Wishing you and all of your loved ones a beautiful Christmas season.  Stay safe, warm, and well, all my Friends here.