Trusted Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

@possummink: Thanks for checking in glad you are okay, the storm sounded terrible especially for one who is not fond of thunder and lightning.  Know you've talked about selling the other house and glad for you it a done deal. Memories are hard to let go of. Look forward to your coming back. Take care of yourself. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@snappyfrappy 

It's so good to hear from you!  I've wondered and worried about you for a long time.  It sounds as if you, like so many of us, are trying to make the best out of our current situations.  Thank you for coming back to update us!❤️

@possummink 

It's good to hear from you, as well!  Sorry to hear about your lightning problems.  

Being alone and rural, and also with our many weather problems, I've opted for spending the extra money to have my iPad with the cellular option so that I still can communicate when my internet goes out, which it often does.  I also had a landline problem the other day when a storm hit here.  I went through the hassle of contacting ATT--can't just call and talk to a real person at any company anymore!😡  Then I did some detective work on my own and found that lightning had just messed up my call blocker which wouldn't allow my phones to work.  Once I disabled that I had phone service again.  But when I finally got ahold of ATT again to cancel my service order, the guy told me the order had never gone through!  Good thing I found the problem myself or I'd still be waiting for a serviceman who would never come!😤

I'm thankful both of you ladies are doing okay, considering all that's going on.  Take care. ❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Floral Garden By Susan Rios Floral Art Print Patio Garden | Etsy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to stop by and wish all of you a good weekend ahead. Summer has reached us and we have had some very warm weather to contend with.  This is my favorite time of year lots of sunshine, fresh air, windows open and its light later into the evening. Don't feel so closed in. 

My yard project is done and the painters are going to pressure wash the house on Monday and then start to paint the trim along with the shutters and front door. I will be glad to get it done, it's been maybe five years since I did it last and it needs it. I now can really appreciate all the things my DH handled that I took for granted. 

I have enjoyed watching Christmas in July on the Q. It's a nice change from makeup, shoes, and skincare. 

Think of all of you often, and hope all of you are staying safe and healthy. Heart

Honored Contributor