Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, house and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone:

Just checking in to say Hi and hope you are all doing well.  We are having a less than warm summer. Low 60's to mid 70's more like our June than July.  Nights are chilly still.

Finally got a haircut how nice that was. At least a few essential things are opening up.  Our Governor has made wearing mask out in public mandatory in that they do not have to serve you wherever you go without it. I can only hope it helps to stop the spread of the virus. Our biggest issue with the virus has been the nursing homes here. 

I hope you are doing well Possummink I think of you often and include you in my prayers. Take all the time you need to heal, we will be here for you.

I have two projects going this summer, we are having the house pressured wash and all the trim painted and having new bark and river rock laid in our backyard to spruce it up. These are all things my DH would have done. I've learned to deal with contractors and try to do research so I have a price in mind before I have them come. I learned from having my fence stained you have to do the research or someone might take advantage of you. 

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and a nice weekend. Heart

Honored Contributor

Yesil

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, twilight, outdoor, nature and water

Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

@Silkeej wrote:

Hi Everyone:

Just checking in to say Hi and hope you are all doing well.  We are having a less than warm summer. Low 60's to mid 70's more like our June than July.  Nights are chilly still.

Finally got a haircut how nice that was. At least a few essential things are opening up.  Our Governor has made wearing mask out in public mandatory in that they do not have to serve you wherever you go without it. I can only hope it helps to stop the spread of the virus. Our biggest issue with the virus has been the nursing homes here. 

I hope you are doing well Possummink I think of you often and include you in my prayers. Take all the time you need to heal, we will be here for you.

I have two projects going this summer, we are having the house pressured wash and all the trim painted and having new bark and river rock laid in our backyard to spruce it up. These are all things my DH would have done. I've learned to deal with contractors and try to do research so I have a price in mind before I have them come. I learned from having my fence stained you have to do the research or someone might take advantage of you. 

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and a nice weekend. Heart

@Silkeej 

Silkeej,   Thank you for the sweet words and the prayers.  I am hanging in there,  lots and lots of memories.   I knew my brother for all of his 79 years of life,  much longer than my Charlie,  so there are lots of things that come to my mind.   It's been 5 weeks already and it just seems like a few days ago.   It's hard to know that there's no one here at the house to 'back me up',  answer questions about the plants, yard, tractor,  things that I've never handled totally on my own.  Got some learning to do.

I'd love to have your weather.  It's so hot and humid here and they are forecasting high 90ies for next week.  Hoping that'll not happen.   I love cold weather not this awful heat.   It's really muggy here with hardly any breezes to help cool off.  

The lightning bugs are putting on their beautiful and silent light show each night.   One of the highlights of summer for me and tonight I heard a locust singing for the first time this summer.   

I hope your two summer projects go really well for you.   I don't like dealing with contractors or anyone really.   I'm kind of a hermit and used to let Charlie or my brother deal with projects.    

Take good care and be well.  

Honored Contributor

Turuncu Bir Aksam

Honored Contributor

Two Hats - Counted cross stitch pattern in PDF format by Maxispatterns on Etsy

Honored Contributor

Mother And Daughter Painting - Mother and Daughter by September McGee