Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hello, possummink, just had a little time on my hands, so here I am. Glad I prefer being indoors. I know most people don't and it's hard for them to be cooped up. People go out for walks or bike rides. There is food in the stores, but nothing like TP or paper towels or any disinfectant. Not even rubbing alchohol. That's from hoarding, of course.

DD and I had eye doc appointments yesterday. When I called to make sure they were open, they said yes provided we weren't ill. We had late afternoon times. There were no other patients there. We wore masks and gloves and so did the doctor. DD has pink eye which we didn't know, but she has been suffering for over a week. He put her on some medications, one of which she hasn't been able to get filled. The drug store can't find it.

It's a good thing she is teaching from home since she couldn't go to work this way. Things change all the time. Tomorrow is staff meeting, this one by internet. It's doubtful that school will resume at all, or maybe just the last 3 or 4 weeks. They don't want the staff on the campus. The bathrooms are locked, no food can be on site, but there are things DD needs to get to put together to send home to the children. Something has to be done about that.

This has a little bit of the feel of the day after Pearl Harbor. I don't think you are old enough to remember that. But, I was 7, and everything changed overnight. Of course we didn't have to be isolated, but we did have blackout curtains and a curfew and block wardens patrolling to make sure no light showed in case of bombers. And rationing.

I hope everyone here is staying in and staying well.

This will pass one day.

snappy Heart

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower and nature

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower and text

Honored Contributor

The basket of flowers is so pretty.  I think the next time I make a trip to Meijer's for groceries I'll pick up a mixed bouquet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor