Honored Contributor

Giraffes

Honored Contributor

This is a print of my original mixed media design. Its printed on acid free paper with an elegant linen texture. Its subtle linen finish enhances the artistic aspects of the work. The image has a white border around it for framing. Its signed by me(the artist) on the back. I will ship it with

@Silkeej 

Hi Silkeej,   Thank you.   Like your son,  I spent time in the basement too.  We had at least 4 times that the siren's went off.   One is across the road from us and it's like having it in your living room even with the wiindows closed.   Then we had the TV warnings, over and over and to top that off, my phone started giving me warning sounds.  

Mattie took off and hid when the first alarm went off, then she came back after a bit so I grabbed her and put her in the carrier and took her down to the basement.   A very very unhappy cat, for sure.   

The tornado that was near your son and our home passed in between both places   I drive Interstate 370 to go to my daughter's home near where your son lives and the tornadoe passed over 370 and Interstate 270 interchange and headed for where the Missouri River empties into the Mississippi.  It lost a  lot of it's destructive power as it moved northeast of us.    My brother in Illinois lost power for about 6 or so hours.  

Another tornado hit a south of downtown St. Louis.   There was damage from these storms but I haven't seen the news reports here today yet  just the videos taken last night and you can't see much on them.   I am ready for Autumn, not as many tornadic storms.   Wind and hail storms scare the heck out of me.   

Take good care and be safe too!! Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink   Glad you were safe! We usually don’t get tornados like that in VA but with the last few storms about five huge 100 foot trees have been down on my street. Scary! And it’s not hurricane season yet. They always come at night. Sometimes being half deaf is a good thing!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

Thank you,  Krypto.   You are right about it being scary.   It's sad to see big old trees get taken down by wind storms, lightning strikes etc.   We've had that happen here at home with one of our Tulip trees, a big old Mulberry tree.  Lightning struck them and within a year they died and crashed to the ground.   One hit the front porch and knocked a hole in the porch roof.  Just glad that was all the damage to it.   

Years ago we had a 'downburst' during a storm and it caused widespread damage to a large area around the St. Louis area.  So much damage that the Missouri  National Guard was called on to help haul away the trees and other debris.   My back yard looked like a bomb or a war had happened.  I had huge piles of limbs in my front yard along the street.   I took pictures and wish I knew where I have them on the computer or old phone. 

It really looked like a tornado had hit but it was the downburst which is  "" downburst is a strong downdraft which causes damaging winds on or near the ground. The term "microburst" describes the size of the downburst. A comparison of a microburst and the larger macro burst shows that both can cause extreme winds.""  and a lot of damage.  

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your day! ♥

Hi Friends,   I am closing my computer down early this evening as we have severe weather heading this way again.   We are under a tornado watch till 5 am and have a severe thunderstorm warning right now.  

Trusted Contributor

Soooooo cute, two giraffees..love it thanks Possumm

Trusted Contributor

Stay safe Possumm, just read where there was a huge tornado in Mo.  Not sure where you are...but please go to the basement.  So scary too.