Respected Contributor

Silkeej, thank you for sharing your feelings with us. Glad your family continued to celebrate your Irish heritage even though you handsome hubby wasn't physically there.

Traditions help us. Sounds like a wonderful time and I hope by now you are feeling a little less lonely.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: How to advise my teenage son regarding shaving.

foolywooly, welcome to this thread. Sorry for your loss. We all understand.

I don't know much about shaving. My hubby didn't use aftershave because it burned his skin. Maybe some moisturizer would be soothing. Perhaps one of his guy pals can advise him, or an uncle.

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi possummink and all who read here. Yesterday I tried to come and share a bit about the wedding, but my computer kept warning me of danger and I simply couldn't get around it.

It said that if I believed the site was secure, I should click on that, and I got to among friends, but then that sign appeared again and kept flashing. So I gave up.

Anyway, the wedding took place on a perfect day. All the rain the Lord sent us made the back lawn so green. My son said before that, it was just dirt. There were about 65 people invited, and I think they were all there. My GS had made a sort of arbor where they stood to take their vows. It was draped with fabric. Her color was purple. She made all the floral decorations, including my corsage and her bouquet. White carnations and some sort of purple flower.

Her dress was strapless. Lots of volume of what looked like chiffon. There was a train.

It had a narrow purple sort of sash just above the waistline. It was beautiful. My GS looked so nice in his 3 piece suit and a purple tie. They only had 2 little girls as attendants. One carried flower petals and the other the pillow my sister made from my wedding dress. They wore darling white dresses with purple flowers around the hem line.

My son made my heart swell with pride. He has a license to marry. He submitted what he wanted to say for their approval, so I know they agreed with it. It was a Christian wedding in every sense and tears poured down my face. I was so proud of him for taking that stand.

I stayed inside on the soft furniture as long as I could knowing my back and legs would hurt the longer I sat on the hard chairs. My GS walked me down the aisle just before his mom and then the bride's mom.

The reception was catered. There were round tables with white coverings. They used paper plates and plastic utensils that looked for all the world like metal. Sturdy and nice. The food was good. My favorite thing was corn on the cob. It was brushed first with butter, then mayonnaise, then cheese and if wanted, chili powder. YUMMY!

People helped me get around by holding my hand everywhere I went. My legs were and still are trembling from the effort to keep upright. But the Lord helped me do it and I'm thankful. DD and I left just before the cake cutting ceremony and the first dances which was fine with us. DD#1 sent me some pictures and of course we took a lot ourselves.

They looked happy. She was stressed from all the fuss being made over her and I hope they got some rest. They went down to San Diego on Saturday night and also stayed last night, so they will go home today I imagine. I couldn't help but be concerned for the baby, with all that going on, but they want her so much, they won't do what they think might harm her.

Sorry to go on and on. I met her parents who seem like very nice people. They are very accepting of my GS as we are of their daughter. Her nephew who I think is about 8 got up and said he had called him his uncle, but now he really IS his uncle. Kids gravitate to my GS. He's a big kid himself.

It's in the 70se here today. I'm still tired.

DD#1 is coming to take me for my pap in the morning. I don't get them often, but do want my estrogen. Hoping to take her out to lunch afterward. Her birthday is the 27th.

All the best to each of you,

snappy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Kate Spade Texas Wedding by Hey Gorgeous Events:

Snappy,   Thank you for telling us about your grandson's wedding.  It sounds beautiful and full of love and with a very personal touch by the families.   I am so glad the weather was perfect after all the rains and before that the drought and fires.  Perfect timing. 

I can imagine how worn out you must be but it was a happy time so that makes the pain in  your legs a bit less, I hope.  Corn on the cob, a favorite food of mine, sounds delicious the way it was prepared.  I might have to try that on my own.  

I don't envy you and THAT test tomorrow morning.   I don't like them at all and have to go to get my prescriptions renewed every year.  I've been taking hormone replacement therapy meds.  for a long time and want to keep taking them as I think the benefits far outweigh any risk.  Have a nice lunch with your daughter after the doctor's.  

Take care and rest up after that big weekend.  Congratulations and Best Wishes to your grandson and his wife.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Scottie puppy.                                                                                                                                                                                 More:

Honored Contributor

hydrangeas, an old bowl and a wire basket:

Honored Contributor

Bunny and cat :):

Honored Contributor

Bear Canyon | Tucson | Arizona | Photo via Instagram by @allophile_:

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: ocean, sky, tree, twilight, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Super Contributor

Snappy - Thanks for sharing the wedding with us.  It sounds wonderful.   The weather was perfect and they put so much of themselves in the wedding.   That little baby has so many people caring and loving already and is much wanted by all of you.

I kow you were tired, I was just thinking on St. Patrick's Day, all of the events going on and wondering where people got all of their energy - then I remembered, once I did also.  Your family takes very good care of you and that is a blessing.