Valued Contributor

Re: what would you do

[ Edited ]

Im glad the situation made itself so that you didnt have to go through it all. Families can be so challenging but there are other people who will love and support you no matter what because they too know what its like. Sending you hugs. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Valued Contributor

THE  SYMPATHY CARD I SENT.SHE SENT BACK  WITH A 3 PAGE LETTER  THE CARD MEANT NOTHING TO HER OR HER DAUGHTERS. AS FOR THE LETTER SHE DID EVERYTHING FOR OUR PARENTS   I WAS NEVER THERE TO HELP.GUESS I WAS INVISABLE .  END OF LETTER SHE SAID IM ALREADY DEAD AND BURIED  TO HER.    IM DONE WITH ALL OF THEM     BLESS YOU  . 

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

THE  SYMPATHY CARD I SENT.SHE SENT BACK  WITH A 3 PAGE LETTER  THE CARD MEANT NOTHING TO HER OR HER DAUGHTERS. AS FOR THE LETTER SHE DID EVERYTHING FOR OUR PARENTS   I WAS NEVER THERE TO HELP.GUESS I WAS INVISABLE .  END OF LETTER SHE SAID IM ALREADY DEAD AND BURIED  TO HER.    IM DONE WITH ALL OF THEM     BLESS YOU  . 

I'm sorry. Smiley Sad

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@elizabethl123 

YOU WERE GUIDED BY YOUR HEART. IF THE FAMILY DOES NOT WANT TO BE PART OF YOUR LIFE THEN SO BE IT. I KIND OF FEEL SORRY FOR THEM NOT REALIZING HOW THESE FEELINGS BRING A DARK CLOUD OVER THEM. PRAY THAT GOD WILL GUIDE THEM. YOU HAVE THE PEACE OF KNOWING THAT YOU REACHED OUT.

doxie

All caps for ease of reading not yelling.

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 , rest easy.  Say a prayer for your brother in law and offer up a mass for him.  No need to share with anyone.  Don’t acknowledge or participate in the hate.  Let it go.  Any one that expects a 90 year old person to travel 8 hours and participate in a stressful event expects too much in my opinion.

Move on Adeline, there is nothing wrong with your response.  It seems the only thing your sister missed was a chance to have a personal confrontation with you.  You made the right decision.  LM