Honored Contributor

We are all going to die.  Most of us don't know when.  It could be tonight, next month or 100 years from now.

While we are waiting, we should live our life to the fullest.  I think if two people are in love and want to get married, they should.

Honored Contributor

I can't think of any reason others would care one way or the other.

There are practical reasons for them to marry. As his wife, she will be able to make decisions for him if he is unable to make them for himself. She may be the only person he trusts to decide as he would wish. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids  that is what I told my friend when she told me....it's up to the bride and groom to decide.  The family of the ill man is who is objecting...thinking maybe they don't like the girlfriend.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418  everyone  on his side of the family....they think he should worry about his health..they think he is to ill to marry....

Honored Contributor

@AuntG I agree.  I do not know the couple, my friend was telling me the situation.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain ..that is probably part of the problem...her being involved with decision making.  He loves her they need to let him make this decision and they should support him.

Honored Contributor

Such a sad situation....I would just be supportive of the couple’s choice to marry.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@mom2four0418  everyone  on his side of the family....they think he should worry about his health..they think he is to ill to marry....

I hope that they marry and celebrate life!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I think the bride and groom should do exactly what they want to do.

If they both want it, why not? Such a sad situation, but I also believe in miracles and I am praying that this man gets one.

Valued Contributor

That is his dying wish. Personally, I think it is selfish and heartless to deny him any bit of happiness.........however short lived it may be. 😢