Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

QualityGal...I wouldn't dream of being mad or angry with my sister.  We are going to do what we have to and Lindsay is looking forward to it so we will make the best of it.  Happy Holidays and a Happy Healthy New Year.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

So, because the o/p "jumped over hurdles when they were in front of her", she feels that her sister "owes her"?

Sounds like the o/p is keeping score of who did what for whom.

Score keeping is never a good idea.

And, just because the o/p did "jump through hurdles when they were in front of her", doesn't mean that the sister owes her a darn thing.

What in heaven's name are you talking about?  Did you read this before you sent it?  I never said my sister or anyone else owes me anything.  Jumping through hurdles meant I  overcame problems in front of me and made it through.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

There could be any number of reasons why your sister did not offer you a place to stay.  As I recall from your previous thread, welcoming hospitality is not one of her strong suits.

Personally I always prefer a hotel to another's home.  I think it is an excellent idea that you wait until your daughter is settled then fly to Florida. 

Good luck with your move.  I remember your apprehension and hope you are now looking forward to your new home.  I hope the move isn't too hard on your dear Lindsay.  Uprooting a child can be a difficult transition.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Since we're doing or maybes ...

Maybe OP puts too much emphasis on her sister living "in a two story million dollar house and being a well to do widow" leading the sister to feel OP has expectations of more "help" than she (rich sister) is willing to give.

I picked up on that too.  Why did she feel the need to go into the sister's financial situation when it was totally irrelevant to the situation?  There seems to be a lot of resentment toward her sister and combined with the fact that they haven't seen each other in years....it's safe to assume the aren't close and have kept their distance from each other for a reason.  That's probably why the sister didn't inviter her to stay....and it's why she couldn't ask to stay with her. 

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Thank you for returning and providing more  information.  I know you dislike Arizonia and wish you never left California.  Hopefully, Florida will have more to offer you and you will enjoy a better life there.  

As far as you sister not making an offer for you to stay with her, perhaps it really didn't occur to her since (as people have stated) it is a distance from where you will be relocating.  You have said you have a good relationship with her, so why not just call her and ask if it would be possible.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

As far as having family stay with you for a while,like them coming  to see you, i have had that many times in the years, that is just one of the things family does, some on here sound so cold,and uncaring, no wonder our nation is getting worse.

We have lived 3,000 miles from one another for most of our adult lives so it would be a great opportuniy to see one another in person again.  You are right, that is what famlies do.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Since we're doing or maybes ...

Maybe OP puts too much emphasis on her sister living "in a two story million dollar house and being a well to do widow" leading the sister to feel OP has expectations of more "help" than she (rich sister) is willing to give.

I picked up on that too.  Why did she feel the need to go into the sister's financial situation when it was totally irrelevant to the situation?  There seems to be a lot of resentment toward her sister and combined with the fact that they haven't seen each other in years....it's safe to assume the aren't close and have kept their distance from each other for a reason.  That's probably why the sister didn't inviter her to stay....and it's why she couldn't ask to stay with her. 

It makes you wonder how the rich sister feels about the o/p, and why.

Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

People are who they are... Can't change them.  I have an identical twin who has been very self-centered since we were little and treated me nasty.  I have same attitude as Snowpuppy... Expect nothing-  Some people just only care about themselves, and don't want to make any effort for others.  

You could ask but it's a risk, don't be disappointed if it doesn't go as you hope... Wish you good luck and a happy life in Florida.

Skyegirl...I am sorry your identical twin has treated you badly, I'm sure it hurts.  I don't want to ask, it will hurt more to hear her say no.  We are going and will make the best of it and thank you for your good wishes.  Happy Holidays and a Happy Healthy New Year,

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

As far as having family stay with you for a while,like them coming  to see you, i have had that many times in the years, that is just one of the things family does, some on here sound so cold,and uncaring, no wonder our nation is getting worse.

Every poster on this board has had a different childhood. Either with parents or siblings, all families are different. Some people have wonderful relationships with family and some have had horrific relationships. Judging all as the same just doesn't make sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Plaid Pants2...Should I stay in AZ? 

No, I do not like it here.

Will Istay in AZ?   No

WhY? Because I don't want to live in Az.

Does that answer your questions?