Respected Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

@Lindsays Grandma

that's fantastic news!  stay well!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

Sincerely hope that you learn to love Florida.  It is a very interesting place and has so much to offer.  You are in a wonderful area.  Lots of smaller communities around a large area.  Would love to know about you finding a house and the general area.  Florida has a ton of free attractions and interesting places to visit. And 99.44% of the people you meet are from "somewhere else" just like you will be and are looking for new friends.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Before you get too hurt, is it possible that she simply didn't think to ask? She might be in early stages of Alzheimer's or simply having memory issues. She might also think you would have asked if you had wanted to stay with her. Whatever the reason, it does you no good to feel bad over something you don't know for sure was intentional.

You might call her again and express your concern over making the trip. Tell her that if you fly you'd be there alone for a few days and aren't sure you feel comfortable with that. See if that jogs her memory. If not, you will make the trip with your dad and when you arrive you may find why she didn't ask you. Could it be she no longer has her home? I wish you a good move and much happiness! Good luck.

jewelwisher...My sister travels, recently came back from a criuse to Spain and some other country.  Has company, belongs to clubs and on and on.  She is very active but thanks for the thought.

I am picking up on a lot of jealousy here. I thought that from the first post, but the tone here makes it obvious. Sad. The poster should step face and look at her attitude, because it coulc push others, like her sister, away.