Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

[ Edited ]

Since we're doing or maybes ...

Maybe OP puts too much emphasis on her sister living "in a two story million dollar house and being a well to do widow" leading the sister to feel OP has expectations of more "help" than she (rich sister) is willing to give.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of a sister who didn't offer a place to stay for a a week or two?

Through my own life experiences I've learned that you should never count on anybody but yourself!! I don't get hurt or disappointed anymore because I expect nothing!! If I do someone a favor I do it knowing that it will not be reciprocated!! So I think twice before I act! It may sound cynical but it's life & I avoid unnecessary pain!! As a result I'm a much happier person!! Being a doormat is highly overrated!!   

Your sister has a right to her privacy & should not turn her life upside down for you or anybody else!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

• @Marp wrote:

Since we're doing or maybes ...

Maybe OP puts too much emphasis on her sister living "in a two story million dollar house and being a well to do widow" leading the sister to feel OP has expectations of more "help" than she (rich sister) is willing to give.

Do you mean like a nurse-maid?

Honored Contributor

I think your anger is misplaced towards your sister. You said in a previous thread you didn't want to move. Your sister may wish to stay out of this because she knows the drama your daughter has put you through in the past. Why are you moving with a 51 year old adult who used abusive language towards you? You deserve so much better and I predict if your daughter is behaving this selfish way it will only get worse in the future. Please rethink this move because I think you will deeply regret it.... 

My best to you. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I would be interested in hearing the daughter's side and even the sister's side.

The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Honored Contributor

Didn't the OP say in the other thread they were all unhappy living in Az and that she wanted to live in California but can't afford to? So , that being the case, isn't it better to try Florida than stay where she knows she is unhappy? If she would give something half a chance she may be happoy there , but instead she just wants to only see the negative. It sounds like this whole group need therapy and I don't blame the sister at all for not wanting to get involved.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would be interested in hearing the daughter's side and even the sister's side.

Her prior posts showed a very immature daughter who has mistreated her mom for many years. It's just the older she gets the more her daughter takes advantage. Her daughter's husband was an alcoholic and she took them both in (Lindsay and her daughter)when they had nowhere else to go. This is a loving mom who is caught in the middle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Her prior posts showed a very immature daughter who has mistreated her mom for many years. It's just the older she gets the more her daughter takes advantage. Her daughter's husband was an alcoholic and she took them both in when they had nowhere else to go. This is a loving mom who is caught in the middle. 

Again, we are only hearing one side of the story.

Everybody knows that there are more than one side to any story, and that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

I think your anger is misplaced towards your sister. You said in a previous thread you didn't want to move. Your sister may wish to stay out of this because she knows the drama your daughter has put you through in the past. Why are you moving with a 51 year old adult who used abusive language towards you? You deserve so much better and I predict if your daughter is behaving this selfish way it will only get worse in the future. Please rethink this move because I think you will deeply regret it.... 

My best to you. 

@Trinity11

Exactly!

And at this time in her sister's life, living alone and probably drama-free, maybe she doesn't want to be in the middle of her sister's/niece's drama.

I find it curious that the sister's wealth is brought up so often. Whether she worked hard and saved or married well, either way, good for her!

But it has no bearing on whether she should offer to open up her home and her life to anyone.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.