Trusted Contributor

what a surprise--My rant about the Torchlight Parade

I opened up the Seattle Times today to the Rant And Rave column--the name makes it pretty obvious what it's for.

Saturday night we had an annual summer event, The Torchlight Parade. It's always so much fun and I look forward to it every year. I watched it live a few times but usually I stay home and watch the television coverage.

This year's coverage was the worst I've ever seen. The commentators  were totally lame, and I swear they had more commercials than actualy parade coverage.

So I sent in my complaint to the Rant And Rave column yesterday, there it was today, big a life! I'd be willing to bet mine wasn't the first complaint.

Steve and Monique, do a better job next year.

Honored Contributor

Re: what a surprise--My rant about the Torchlight Parade

I so agree. The coverage was horrible. To me it was one loooong commercial with a little of the parade tossed in here and there.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

I opened up the Seattle Times today to the Rant And Rave column--the name makes it pretty obvious what it's for.

Saturday night we had an annual summer event, The Torchlight Parade. It's always so much fun and I look forward to it every year. I watched it live a few times but usually I stay home and watch the television coverage.

This year's coverage was the worst I've ever seen. The commentators  were totally lame, and I swear they had more commercials than actualy parade coverage.

So I sent in my complaint to the Rant And Rave column yesterday, there it was today, big a life! I'd be willing to bet mine wasn't the first complaint.

Steve and Monique, do a better job next year.

@FuzzyFace  Today's Rant and Rave?......looking for  your posted complaint!  I posted aa rant a few months back  to those dog owners who do not pick up their dog poo.....and it was posted. 

Honored Contributor

I've been to that parade maybe....2 times in my life. I'm 64 so this was when I was a kid. Not a fan of parades and never have been. Not sure what the big deal is about them either. And I don't watch any of them on TV. Same with the 4th fireworks--- what is the big deal? I did surf by the TV coverage and was not impressed with the commentators.