Trusted Contributor

update on great things happened at the library

it is a very small world.  the homeless couple that i helped  came in today.  the man asked  i f he could speak with me.  i was busy with a patron but told him that i would love to chat with them hen i had finished.  but before i could get to him, i noticed that the new manager was chatting with him.  it turns out that they were old friends from childhood.  they lived next door to each other and  had hung out together growing up.

when i finally had a chance to visit with him, he showed me a copy of a ltter that he had emailed to the director of the library on my behalf.  it was so well written and  i was stunned that they would take the time to do this.  

it turns out that  i am up for a  promotion and thisletter will go a long way in helping me to get it.

i am amazed at how all of this worked out.  i do not think that it just happened by accident

Regular Contributor

Re: update on great things happened at the library

Good things happen to good people for a reason. I am very happy for you - 

Trusted Contributor

thank you.

i am so glad that this couple  now have a home and  are no longer homeless. the sad thing is that they were homeless due to medical bills and health problems.  and that this can happen to anyone.  all it takes is a lossof income and mounting debt.

i got the billfrom my recent eye operation and just for the  operating room only, it was over $20,000.00. and that  was ujst one operatkon.  no dr bills were included.

i have good insurance but stil $20,000?   

i just really feel so terrible for the folks who do not have insurance. no wonder there are so many homeless people

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover @Good things happen and sometimes they can happen to you.You have a kind heart ...so am happy to hear that the older couple was helped and now they have helped you.I love your story

Respected Contributor

Karma, what comes around goes around.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need to sell your story to Hallmark.

I'd love to watch a TV series of a kind librarian

(is there any other kind?)

But in the meantime, keep sharing here.

Here's hoping you get a promotion but we both know you already have your reward.

@shortbreadlover 

Esteemed Contributor

That is such a heartwarming story, @shortbreadlover! Thank you for helping that couple, and I am so glad they aren't homeless anymore either. I do think it can happen to anyone.

Honored Contributor

How nice it came full circle when he wrote his letter of thanks.
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover ...............God at work.  He put you and the people you help on the same path.  God will bless you in a big way.

Thank you for being so kind.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)