Esteemed Contributor

Re: uodate to i am at my wit's end

@shortbreadlover... I don't know what knocked you down but I am thrilled that you picked yourself up, and dusted yourself off.  Sometimes just  one more day helps us to see that maybe, just maybe, things aren't as bad as they seemed.  I'm happy for you that you are feeling better, keep going girl, you're going to be fine.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

I just logged on and haven’t  yet seen your earlier post, but I will look it up. I appreciate your honest sharing. I wonder if you realize that, in writing with such candor, you are helping many others? Speaking out and asking for help—or simply to be listened to—is so important, but so many of us don’t do it. In reaching out, you are encouraging others to do the same. I admire you for it. 

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover: Hello. I hope all is well with you today. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

I am glad to learn that today is a better day for you.  Hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

While you are feeling happy and strong, please take this opportunity to follow up on some of the good suggestions sent your way while you were feeling down.

My thought was to contact your local Council on Aging, they should be in the phone book and on line.  They can help you make some contacts and get some plans in place so, just in case you feel that way again, You will have a path ready for you.

It is easy when we feel good to think ‘well it’s no problem’, but just to be safe I hope you will take some steps to build some local support.  They offer all types of services, and know what is going on right in the area.  You might make some great new friends!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hitting such a low point had to scare you. I'd never advise someone to quit a job until a new one was lined up. However, I wouldn't give the promotion thing a second thought. If others have commented on the good job you do, you are positively impacting the lives of people. 

Valued Contributor

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, AND STAY WELL.