Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Selling religion on the Q is soapy sappy and  idiotic. We can not discuss it here on the forums.....why are they selling it on the air?  

Image result for false equivalence meme

Talking about faith to sell religious items on TV is not the same as discussing religion on the forum. That's a false equivalency logical fallacy. 

It's not allowed on the forums because it is controversial and can cause arguments. Forums are for two-way discussion, which means there can be arguments when people disagree and that's problematic for the mods here. 

Presentation on the air are for one-way communication and there isn't going to be an argument on TV because of what a host is saying. Even when a host does take a caller on the air, that caller has been screened by the person transferring the call. It's highly unlikely that the person calling in with a testimonial or to say, "yes, I just bought that!" is going to start an argument over faith on live TV. 

They are not the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Totally agree with you. Truly spiritual people don't need to proselytize, they don't "talk the talk, they walk the walk."

Also the hosts are working in a very very mercenary job, getting people to buy things, whether they need or can afford them.

IMHO that's as far away from spiritual as one can get.

*********  I tire of hearing this "talk the talk... walk the walk" thing.  Shouldn't that be the standard for everyone?  Be who you say you are!

I think that most of the hosts are excited about what has helped them in their lives and their "intentions" are to say something that might help someone who is in need of hope or encouragement. In their own way these people (or I believe the majority of these hosts) just want to offer hope and encouragement to others....and yes....they are sales ladies, too!

Personally, I don't feel like I need to write in and complain about everything I don't like here.  I feel like I can still love and care for those whose opinions greatly differ from mine.  I haven't always been able to say that.  I give that credit to someone much higher than I.  Trust me when I say....He had his work cut out for him!

If some of you think hosts and some posters are "idiotic"....why not just leave us to our idiosyncrasies and we will leave you to yours. I agree with those who say..."turn the channel".....that's the smartest 3 words said here today.

Honored Contributor

I  will say again,it does not bother me, too many people want to control everything we see,and hear.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Talking about how much you believe in a deity doesn't make you a good person,an honest person nor a decent person.  If everyone knew that the world would be a better place.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Talking about how much you believe in a deity doesn't make you a good person,an honest person nor a decent person.  If everyone knew that the world would be a better place.  

*******    I agree.  It's what's in your heart that counts. Many people do profess to be something they are not and I do agree that actions speak louder than words.  That goes for all people. One single group should never be singled out.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Trusted Contributor

I am sick and tired of the 

PC Police

Well you do have the freedom to use your remote, and remember we do have the First Amendment (It goes both ways, people). If you find mere words this offensive then I truly do feel sorry for you.

This is NOT a way I want to start my Saturday, BTW, so I'm out.

dee

Respected Contributor

Sounds like some folks need "safe spaces" so they don't hear anything that might upset them.

Good grief, if you are interested in the product - listen for (or go online and look up) the info you need to decide whether to buy it.

Ignore anything else that annoys you - such as this,  or vendors talking over hosts, or doing a dance or whatever it is that you find distracting.

If it's all to much, then limit your shopping to online.

Problem solved.

Respected Contributor

You know, I was never talking about my religious beliefs. I understand some feel it is their duty to "spread the good word". I am not offended when someone does it but I see how others might be! I try to spread my religion thru my deeds, not preaching. It's all how you interpret "the word". The way I look at it is if it helps the person speaking and it helps some who listen, it's fine by me! (Just as long as no one is trying to convert anyone!)

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

During the Q's very  early days everyone was very Spiritual.

Especially Lisa Mason, if I recall correctly!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.