Honored Contributor

Re: things we learned by staying home

[ Edited ]

I have learned that my business can be ruined with the stroke of a pen..

Honored Contributor

I /we have too much stuff.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have learned that my business can be ruined with the swipe of a pen..

So sorry to hear this. Hope you can get back on top when this ends!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

I have learned I was wasting money shopping. buying things I do not need.   Mostly done out of boredom.   Staying home reading, watching tv  exercising to the tapes I rarely looked at....Cooking more and enjoying it more.Going for walks on the many walking trail.s  within my  gated community.Letting my hair grow a little....letting nails breathe....spending more time communicating with family on internet.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I've learned the true meaning of being grateful and not taking anything for granted. I am thankful to be healthy thus far and will continue to follow the quidelines.

I've also learned how selfish some people are and how they only care about themselves. Whining and saying life is miserable doesn't help anyone.

It's not whining or selfish to feel boxed in & isolated.Not everyone is strong enough to handle it.Everyone has a breaking point.That's why so many people are developing psychological problems from this whole mess.

It's not whining or selfish to long to see loved ones who you haven't seen for weeks. To be upset because they need you to help them through their pain & loss & you can't be there.It's called being human.

Honored Contributor

I am a social person so the first few weeks of isolation were hard but now I am sort of embracing it.  I talk to friends on the phone - we are all in the same boat.  I learned how to get my groceries delivered so I get a delivery every Friday. 

Since the library is closed I am having to buy books from Amazon so that is a bummer. 

I live in a house near a lake, it is spring. Daffodils have already bloomed, rhododendrons and azaleas are blooming.  So are the lilacs - I have a big vase of them in my living room.   

I really haven't been out.  I need to drive my car so the battery stays charged.  I don't think I am going to be able to do the things I did before comfortably but I basically have it pretty easy.  

Honored Contributor

I learned how happy I am just being home with my husband of 45 years. He has such a good sense of humor that it's impossible for me to get too depressed about the changes due to this pandemic.

Another thing I learned was how loving to read is and always has been something I turn to time and time again. I can honestly say, I have never been someone who gets bored. There is always something to read that can entertain me for hours. In fact, raising my children I never heard either one of them claim to be bored. They are both voracious readers too. Great hobby during times like this.

Contributor

I've learned that long walks in the sun can keep me sane.  I've learned that apartment life on the 6th floor is not for me.  I've learned that I miss a having backyard. I've learned that I don't necessarily miss my job, just some of the people. I've learned that it is time for a few changes in my life.

Honored Contributor

That this is "existing" not living.  I need people, communication, sharing, laughing, and the general just getting out and breathing other air that's not in house.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

That this is "existing" not living.  I need people, communication, sharing, laughing, and the general just getting out and breathing other air that's not in house.

@qualitygal  We've always been going out. Car rides or sometimes walks. Husband connects with some of his friends in a backyard staying apart, wearing masks and no more than 10 people allowed. Fortunately we are not confined to our homes.