Valued Contributor

the nature of life...

[ Edited ]

I had some time  and thought  I would share  something.I have this great love of plants ,flowers , trees anything that grows.Every year i purchase new bulbs ,spring ,fall ,summer , My new spring bulbs i bought last year for this spring bloom where spectacular  hyacinth  in colors of peach, bright blue and pale yellow.After 25 years i have hundreds.When the snow melted this year I realized  they had been covered with several  inches of river rock  during late fall garden changes.I was so angry with my self I wanted to see those colors so badly!My husband knew i was upset ,so he reminded me, after fall we will dig them out and replant them.So I avoided going near the spot ,nope I  was not going to remind myself of my failure...

This week has been overwhelming adding to the  thought that I still need to do Easter dinner for our family.Had i over extended my self,how would i get through this week?What if I fail ?Many are counting on me....Let me go outside and enjoy the warmth to take my mind somewhere else, as i walked I prayed, asking for  peace in my soul  with this self doubt. i walked to the spot that was covered with heavy stones, Oh my God!Those bulbs were all in spectaculat bloom.I couldnt believe my eyes... I sat down for a moment and I realized  this, with all those heavy rocks , these delicate , fragrant , beauties,had despite ,their circumstance ,   did what it took to reach the light.At that moment i knew,life was going to be fine ,  it was going to be just beautiful....Hugs, Maryanne 

Respected Contributor

beautiful,thanks for sharing and happy Easter..

Trusted Contributor

I always love seeing how plants will self-seed or pop up, unplanned and unplanted by me, in the most unlikely places, and how beautiful and strong they must be to do that, if you know what I mean.  I plant things and try to create nice gardens, but with all my work, my results are, to me, very flawed (colors not right, animals ruining my efforts, etc.).  Then I see some plant somewhere where I never intended, and it just looks so sweet.

I just found a little daffodil in the middle of my backyard lawn.  I guess when I was carrying some bulbs I was transplanting last season, it fell out of the batch and even though it wasn't dug into the ground, it sunk into the ground and managed to bloom.  It looked so cute.

I'm very hard on myself about my gardening results, and I tell myself to just let it go, try my best but go with the flow and accept what happens and enjoy it for what it is.

It's hard though, because even though gardening is enjoyable, it's also back breaking work at times, and we like to see good results.

Honored Contributor

Maryanne,

So glad your blooms are so beautiful! For you and your family,

Image result for happy easter to all of you images

Esteemed Contributor

What a lovely post.

Thank you for sharing.

Valued Contributor

@yorkieonmypillow,Thank you , have a beautiful spring ,Hugs ,Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

I needed to read your post this afternoon....it was simply beautiful and I hope you and your family have a Blessed Easter!

Valued Contributor

Re: the nature of life...

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11  ,Thank you so much!I was amazed at the lesson I found about burden  with those flowers,It reminded me we put the burden on ourselves instead of just  heading for the light,taking it in stride... The way it was intended...Have a wonderful Holiday, blessings of peace to your friend ....,Hugs,Maryan