Trusted Contributor

a  ghost town.  iam workingthe lateshift and i have had no patron to speak of.  usually this  place is full of people.it has been this way all week.

i think people are just staying home.

Honored Contributor

I imagine people don't want to risk handling books others have touched and held.  Like handling money, it can be very unsanitary in an epidemic.  They might as well close until this passes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

we get updates from the head librarian.  they have stated that the library will not close due to this.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t blame people for staying away from anyplace that might be crowded .... I’ve been staying home myself ..... this virus is scary🙃

Honored Contributor

You have an opportunity to enjoy the quiet library.  Yes, people are probably taking normal precautions and staying home.  That is a good thing for you.  

We are staying calm, taking sensible practical actions, and keeping a positive frame of mind.  Enjoy your peaceful evening in the library!

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

we get updates from the head librarian.  they have stated that the library will not close due to this.

I would love this ! whole place , quite and to my self I could read my history books in peace. No screaming kids, laughing, etc. I could peruse the shelves and dvd's , take my time, not be mindful of 'traffic' around me.

Your so lucky !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

I would love this ! whole place , quite and to my self I could read my history books in peace. No screaming kids, laughing, etc. I could peruse the shelves and dvd's , take my time, not be mindful of 'traffic' around me.

Your so lucky !

@SharkE  In my library they keep the kids in a separate section. Adults have desk type places to sit and chairs and coffee tables for relaxing reading. No coffee allowed though unfortunately for me. Kids are kept in another section. Thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

I always get there when they're having what I call 'baby time' they're all in a big room with doors shut. You can hear screaming, crying. Poor people trying to control the chaos.  See men bring their kids in and they turn 'em loose on the floor while they hit their cellphones. Guess mothers are at work, daddy has the kids to control he wants peace, so, he brings the troop to the library so he can do what he wants too.

I don't stay long come in pick up my holds and on my way.

Sometimes the men sit out in hallway and that's when I see them turn the kids loose and they use the time to play on their phones. Like using library for babysitting.

be good time to re discover the local library !

Respected Contributor

We're still going about our business as usual, being careful to use sensible precautions. We haven't noticed a severe drop in attendance or participation at the gym, restaurants or entertainment providers. One thing I did notice when I was at BJ's Monday was the number of shoppers stocking up on multiple cases of bottled water. You would think the reservoirs had all dried up! So I bought a case of bottled water. Better safe than sorry! 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

Your so lucky !

@SharkE History books?  We love history books.  We go to historic sites on vacation.  We laugh about we don't cruise because there are no historic sites or houses on cruise ships!  Woman Very Happy