Honored Contributor

Re: surprised at sil upset with me...

It's pretty sad when someone thinks it's embarrassing to hang out laundry or tend to plants.  Your SIL is the one with the problem, and I bet the family knows that.  Keep doing those things that bring joy to you and your husband, and don't stay away from family functions just because of one oddball.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'One thing I know for sure':  Some people just can't stand nice, kind people.  And they will go out of their way to incite trouble.  In other words, they want the nice, kind person to become angry so the unkind people can go around telling others that the nice person isn't so nice, etc., etc.   Le'ts not forget that nice, kind people are direct opposites to some very mean people.  Hence, their attempt to 'even it out', so to speak.  They will 'twist it around' to look as though the kind person is mean/unkind.  That's their ultimate agenda.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I just added a couple more sentences.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

You should let it go and pretend nothing happened.  She never said anything to you personally.  She said all this to your husband and he handled it appropriately.  He told her to mind her own business.  I don't you SIL or your relationship with her but I would bet my last dollar that it isn't good and hasn't ever been good.  The idea that she's embarrassed because you like to cook and clean and garden when don't have budget reasons to do those things is ridiculous.  That just doesn't make any sense.  Why do care what she thinks?  Go to the graduation, be polite when you see her and just live your life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'And second of all', it's much healthier to hang out our laundry.  Better than all of the chemicals in some folks' dryers  Also, I know a few very wealthy wives who love to vacuum carpeting in their huge houses, cook almost all meals, etc.  And love to garden.   There is absolutely nothing wrong (and everything right) about what you're doing.  'And that's that'.  Walk tall, keep smiling, continue onward. And DO NOT stop doing anything and everything.    Heart

Honored Contributor

It definitely sounds like a "her" problem, not a "you" problem

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  Just forget it and help your husband see his sister for the silly person she is.  Just silly.

Honored Contributor

Her drama; don't play into it.   If she's the mother of the graduate to be, I'm sure she's under a bit of stress, and maybe let it get the best of her.    

Honored Contributor

Your husband has your back and he took care of it with her. He matters, he set her straight. I'd say walk a wide path around her, but go to the family thing. (Is she still hormonal?)  Your kind heart, I'm sure knows what to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Well.....she apologised....so I would let it go and not mention anything unless she says something else.

Some people don't think before they speak....Go to the graduation and just be the gracious person you are....