Respected Contributor

Re: strange charge on bank card

If you are not having success calling the number on the card, go to the bank's website and look up your account online.  There is probably an option to freeze the card or report fraud.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I handle my disabled sister's finances. The other day, I received notice from her bank about 5 questionable charges. I talked to my sister and she didn't make them so I had to call the bank to decline them and cancel her card. Needless to say, I had a chat with my sister about protecting her card and where she uses it.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope by now @KCDiva  has spoken to someone at the Bank and the problem has been taken care of.

Honored Contributor

Well, count me in as someone who has just had a CC hacked.  It's one I've had for 20 years with no problem.  I never use apps to pay for anything.

But an odd "Google temporary hold" appeared and my CC company sent me an alert.  It was for $1.00; I honestly thought it was something to do with SiriusXM, as I'd just that day renewed my subscription and the rep had trouble putting the new charge through at first, because I'd forgotten to update the expiration date.

The CC rep said she didn't think so and I should cancel it and get a new card, but I decided to wait and monitor it.  Lo and behold, a few days ago there's suddenly an actual "merchandise" transaction for...wait for it...99 cents!  AND another "Google temporary hold" and a "Google pending transaction" - both for $1.00.

I was on the phone at 1:30 a.m. to the CC company to cancel my card and issue a new one.  And to look into the fraudulent items.  I looked up the 99 cent transaction to see who the merchant was (it was "manually keyed" and a "repeat" item).  Guess who?  The merchant and address were for the Google Campus in California.  WTH????  Someone crooked working for Google?

I've NEVER ordered anything from the Google Play store or through any other app.  I'm waiting to hear what the CC company finds out.  Although the rep said they often don't get any information from the "merchant".

No words for what I'd do to these scumbags, who are too lazy to get a job and earn their own money like the rest of us have had to do.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I hope by now @KCDiva  has spoken to someone at the Bank and the problem has been taken care of.

@Sage04 Yes I did. Thank you.The bank removed the charge and I got a new card.  I watch my account closely. You never know when someone is going to hack it. It's really a shame. The thing I found frustrating is that it was a bank holiday. Coincidence?