Honored Contributor

Re: 💘 sons and their moms

@piggyluver77 

Wow... that's too bad. I don't know what I'd do in that kind of situation.

My MIL and I are very much the same in some ways, though she has always been tall and slim and I'm short and fluffy.  Personaility-wise, though, we are quite similar.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

My son doesn't have anyone special in his life right now but I can't get over how similar my DD's boyfriend is like my husband. (her dad)

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

both DS have dark haired SO. 

Personality, no,  I don't see it.  I could be wrong.

as for me and MIL, only that we like(d) our glass of wine.

Trusted Contributor

My DIL is nothing like me. I am tall and slender (as is my son), DIL is short and heavy. I love being outside working in my yard  - DIL only sets foot outside to get in her car so that she can go someplace to shop or eat. She spends her weekends laying on the couch watching tv. She loves to argue, debate, have the last word......me, not so much. Actually, I just don't care to be around her any more than I have to.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

NO!!!!  

Respected Contributor

My daughter in law are not alike but I love her like a daughter. I find her amazing. What she does in a day boggles my mind. She is a great Mom to my granddaughters. As for me I am slow.

Ps my son is slow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband married the exact opposite of his mother. My bachelor son will tell you he's not married because he can't find a girl like his mother. The women he sees are nothing like me, so I guess I won't live to see grand children.

Honored Contributor

My former MIL are polar opposites...one of the reasons her only son married me..,.but when he discovered I wasn’t going to mimic everything she did, thought, cooked, or said, he was outta there....and moved in with her.
Respected Contributor

My son married a wonderful woman who is a great mother, works full time and I can see a little bit of me in her.  Not in looks, but in how organized she is.

As long as she makes him happy and I get to see my grandchildren, I'm happy!

When they move, I might need to look at retiring and relocating to somewhere close since I want to have a close relationship with them and my dear grandchildren.

......You look like I need a drink.....