Respected Contributor

I'm equally bad with both.  But... strength in my left hand dexterity in my right. as a gereral rule.  We've got lefties and righties scattered about equally through the family.

Honored Contributor

Right handed as was my Mother and one older sister.  My Father  was left handed as was my other older sister.  I suppose it is in genetics? 

Valued Contributor

I am left handed but like others here, I do some sports right handed and some left handed. When I was in college and I took a golf class,the teacher told us to face the wall and proceeded to teach us.  At the end of the course, he saw me writing something and exclaimed, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU ARE LEFT HANDED????  I asked why.  He said I should have been facing the other wall.  It never crossed my mind and it never felt uncomfortable.   I have no idea why my husband married me, lol...he's always telling our grandkids to throw with their right hands, like it's a sin to throw with your left.  Thank goodness they'r both right handed or he would have driven them nuts.

Honored Contributor

Lefty 90% of the time.

Honored Contributor

Dominate right, but can write legibly with my left as well.   

Honored Contributor

Left-handed, but with the fairly common exception of using scissors right-handed, maybe throw a ball right-handed sometimes...

I found out very late from my Dad that he favored his left as a young child, but was "encouraged" out of it.  My mother was right-handed.  Of my three siblings, two of us are left-handed, and two right.

One thing I always love to ask other leftys, do you have a special aversion for filling out forms, having to do any kind of bureaucratic rigamarole like that?   I've noticed a few of us lefties hate that sort of thing with a passion.  I avoid it when possible!  Wonder if that's a right-brained thing...

Valued Contributor

I'm left-handed but only when I write. Everything else is right handed. My brother is totally left-handed. 

Valued Contributor

@151949 I went to nursing school when you did & never, ever, were we taught to do this..we were lucky to have time to get up, button up our 12 button uniforms, eat required breakfast, & be in the chapel for 6:30am inspection from one of the sisters..btw, I am left-handed & never had any difficulty during nursing school (or since then)

Esteemed Contributor

lefty except for cutting with scissors.

Honored Contributor

Left handed.  I am very awkward with my right.  In grade school, they tried to make me be right handed and I was struggling and upset.  My mother found out about that and was very mad and went to school and really straightened them out.  I am not a good bowler so I tried my right hand.  I was still terrible!!!    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin