Respected Contributor

Are the air-conditioning going wild and acting up like mine ?

Honored Contributor

Re: "The horrible heat wave "

Mine is purring like a kitten.  Being that I live in a dry climate, I can use an evaporative cooler which only costs about $30/mo to operate.  It was near 100°

here today but it's 72° in the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My a/c is ok, but we've had a few power surges and a five minute total black out on Friday night. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, and our weather has been beyond hot. It looks like another week of 90 plus weather. And high humidity. The only plus side for me is that we have a pool. So, we had a nice pool weekend. It was nice to have my kids and granddaughter here.  And we didn't have to wear masks! That chlorine kills everything! Just watched the weather. We get a break on Wednesday, only 87. Whoopee!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou 

Been hot here too, 100° and high humidity last 2 days. I don't turn on AC for myself and my wife uses our portable AC in her bedroom in this hot weather. Heat doesn't bother me. Got a 23" commercial fan and air moving is enough for me.

Our house AC hasn't been used for over 10 years, just checked to make sure it still works, and it does.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Don't know how you don't turn on a/c @hckynut !!!! We've had a very hot/humid 10 days and another week ahead with heat advisories because of the humidity putting it over  105. 

Since I have to visit my granddaughters outside, we dragged a huge box fan from my studio and a revolving tower fan on the porch to try to make it somewhat bearable. 

Honored Contributor

Excessive heat here.  Temps will be over 105F.  Maybe 110F  At this point all humidity will dry up anyway.   Storms tomorrow, but they will spotty and will not relieve the heat.  So the rest of the week will still be in the upper 90's. Been like for this a for quite a while.  

Respected Contributor

I do not have AC but use fans and keep the house closed until evening. It was only 50 degrees this am. It gets into the 80s ,but nights cool for the most part. Some people have AC.  I live 70 miles S. of Lake Superior.  We have had storms off and on all weekend and wind damage which has been worse.  

People flock here in the summer and I see licence plates from all over the  country. Population triples. When some of you are enjoying Spring flowers I am still shoving snow in April.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou 

Maryland summers are hot and humid, so AC is a must unless you want your feet sticking to the floors Cat LOL  We are in for a string of days at or over 100.

We had our geothermal units replaced a couple of years back as they were almost 25 years old and the technology has changed a bit.  Much quieter now even though air is blowing.

My sister in law keeps her AC turned to 78 and her house just smells musty.  While I don't need it ice cold, I do want air moving and the humidity controlled. 

Honored Contributor

It is hot hot hot here, but we're getting ready to do our morning bike ride.  The air quality is excellent---something I always look out for.

We keep our air at 78*during a heatwave and it's perfect.  Anything less and I would be chilled.  No humidity in the house is all that matters.

Respected Contributor

My AC is working good but the power went off several times Saturday and Sunday.