Trusted Contributor

Re: " Stepped up security?" REALLY???

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@jackkeepoo wrote:

I am surprised as to why we have '''stepped up security'' when there is a disaster as in Brussels.  Perhaps if there was ''stepped up security''  ALL THE TIME, this bombing wouldn't have happened.  Why is not EVERYBODY at the highest alert of security on a regular basis????  

Do you remember the weeks after 9/11? I went to the airport just two weeks after and there were military men in uniforms with rifles all over the airport. Security was VERY difficult and we were not even allowed to bring so much as a nail clipper in our bags. Now you can bring nail clippers and the military isn't carrying rifles all over the place.

And that's why we don't have the highest levels of security at all times. When we have to have uniformed men and women with automatic rifles all over and can't carry a nail clipper, life is pretty bad and the terrorists win. They don't win when they kill us, they win when they make us live in fear, surrounded by armed guards and unable to bring a nail clipper on a plane. They win when they turn our world into their world of guns and fear,

My guess is many of you do not live here in New York.  This military/police presence is visible EVERYWHERE and has been SINCE 9/11. We have never gone complacent..  It truly makes one feel uncomfortable, oddly enough - safe and frightened at the same time.  It's rather hard to overcome fear and ignore the constant threats when this necessary show of force exists (emphasis on necessary).  But what are we to do - the world has changed so dramatically - very, very sad.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

"Temporary" has a funny way of becoming permanent.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Follow the example of the one that preceded him on 911, who left his scheduled trip and reassured those he governs by heading to Pen Ave.

The one before him?  The one who said:

“I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive.”

Honored Contributor

Presidents are always working 24/7/365, that is the point.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for future commenting, it is no longer on topic.