Occasional Contributor

Re: " Stepped up security?" REALLY???

Just stopping by to say hi to john...

Honored Contributor

@2cutetwinss wrote:

Just stopping by to say hi to john...

SCP

What a long time it has been my friend. Been even a longer time since I have seen this name. Have always wondered how you were doing and hoping to hear from you again.

You know I could ramble on forever, older but still talk a lot. I am just so happy to see your name again and it is a good way to end yesterday and start this wee hour tomorrow.

I hope things have gotten better for you and if so, keep getting getter. Thanks so much for stopping by to say "hi" to me it really means a whole lot to me.  Always remember these words from a song: "You've got a friend".

Take care of yourself, I will never forget you,

Your forever friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Some things are known (the reason we need more security) than we might know about. I don't mind feeling safer!  I don't think we need to let "them" know everything we are doing. Besides, they say on the news, THEY ARE ALREADY HERE. They have to be, since if you learn of how they have done things, they come, get into the norm to pass with the rest of us (aren't seen as a threat) and then, wham, something happens. They have a lot of patience, I mean years of it. It's very scary, so I'm all for them, making us be and feel more secure.

Honored Contributor

@jackkeepoo wrote:

I wouldn't be at all offended with seeing the military carrying rifles at the airport or any other places these days.  It's a sign of the times and I am very grateful for any and all kinds of protection, seen and unseen...the more, the better I say.  Ask the families of those victims in Brussels - or the 911 families left behind and see how they feel about it now.

While I agree with you - I'd feel safer too, it is in the constitution that our military is not allowed to patrol the USA. It is for our protection - to prevent dictators from taking over using the military. Anyway - that is why , in our country we have the National Guard. they can patrol and in cases like disasters they do. However, the National Guard are volunteers and only do this part time, they are not professional soldiers. Though they are paid for their service.However, they all have other means of making a living, so they have jobs to go to every day. The National Guard is not a full time committment like being in the Army.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sashamatthews wrote:

My opinion is if EL AL does it, everyone should be doing it.  Their security level is the highest. And, frankly, I wouldn't mind if the Mossad was involved, too.

ElAl does things that would be against our constitution like profilling. Along with freedoms also comes some risk - that is the simple fact of it. have you ever travelled to Isreal ? My DH is of german heritage and has a very German name - first and last - and he had to go through all their profilling when he travelled there once on business. It was so bad he requested to be taken off the project they were doing there because he didn't want to have to go back. Not that they don't have a right for their prejudice against germans.

Honored Contributor

Have agreed and said for years, " fight them there, or fight them here".  And we should be more concerned about the weather?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Well, like everything else, extra anything costs.  When things here in the USA are on heightened alert, guess who pays - you and I.  The best thing is to boot out all those people - I mean all of them.  Let them carry on in their own homelands with one another. 

100% AGREE.

You do realize that we have American born citizens, some of whom perpetrated horrendous terrorism right here don't you.?  So in essence they are in their own homeland and they are not all of a particular religion or look a little different.  Or perhaps I'm giving you too much credit.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@KALLIE wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Well, like everything else, extra anything costs.  When things here in the USA are on heightened alert, guess who pays - you and I.  The best thing is to boot out all those people - I mean all of them.  Let them carry on in their own homelands with one another. 

100% AGREE.

You do realize that we have American born citizens, some of whom perpetrated horrendous terrorism right here don't you.?  So in essence they are in their own homeland and they are not all of a particular religion or look a little different.  Or perhaps I'm giving you too much credit.

Way too much. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Always in the back of my mind when I fly is the front end of the airport, the check ins, etc when it comes to security.  The TSA  is diligent when at the security point but before that I do think we are vulnerable.  I never see anyone watching.  I fly out of Baltimore if that helps and perhaps there is security in place that I am not aware of.  I shuttle in from a hotel so don't watch the cars dropping off and picking up.  Lots of opportunity for the bad guys to create mayhem and terror.  What a world! 

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The best thing is to boot out all those people - I mean all of them.  Let them carry on in their own homelands with one another. 

@Puzzle Piece

You keep referring to "them".

Who is that?

You don't know? LOL!

Oh, *everyone* KNOWS - her point was that the poster is too cowardly to clarify what she means because it would get the thread shut down in a heartbeat. LOL indeed. I'm surprised you didn't see that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all