Respected Contributor

Re: "So this is Christmas & WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??"

[ Edited ]

Complained!

I call Congress a lot. I call every state and tell them what I think.

Now I am on Santa's bad list.

Bah Humbug

Yes, I do think it is necessary

Super Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Complained!

Bah Humbug

I have only called my representatives once.   I called all of them to register my displeasure at a particular piece of legislation.   Over the next few days I received multiple acknowledgements from them .... thanking me for my overwhelming support of the piece of legislation that I was actually oppposed to.  I even got one letter that said my support of the legislation helped push it over the top.  

That experience pretty much discouraged me from further calls. 

Respected Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

@chiclets wrote:

Complained!

Bah Humbug

I have only called my representatives once.   I called all of them to register my displeasure at a particular piece of legislation.   Over the next few days I received multiple acknowledgements from them .... thanking me for my overwhelming support of the piece of legislation that I was actually oppposed to.  I even got one letter that said my support of the legislation helped push it over the top.  

That experience pretty much discouraged me from further calls. 

HA....I understand your frustration. Many of them respond with a generalized memo but others do not. I receive negative reponses too. Can not get political on these boards. The post was about what have you done and complain is what I am still doing!!!

Honored Contributor

I packed up my old life, moved to a new place and started again.  A new home and a new job have taken me far from my comfort zone, but I'm thriving and I'm proud of myself for that.

~ house cat ~