Frequent Contributor

Re: "Over 50 And Fabulous" On QVC

I can't and don't watch Mally. She is much too hyper for me!  I don't

think she would be the right host for this show. Laura Geller would

be much better and calmer.

Respected Contributor

Mally is totally unwatchable.. Along with Jane T. and Women With Control Vendor - and don't like her line either. All 3 LOUD and obnoxious. 

Valued Contributor

I’m sure I will receive pushback on this but I think QVC is going the way of the Lume doctor and the Dulcolax commercial about “pushing out a pineapple”.

Sorry but I find it so tasteless and unnecessary. We have Mally’s “peeing  your pants” commercial playing regularly and a few days ago Jane Treacy treated us to a long story about how she learned that flamingos “poop pink”. She was in the bathroom stall at a museum  “doing her business” when she read this interesting fact about flamingos.... You get the idea.

Anyway I’ve had my vent for the day. I was an RN in a large city hospital for years and, believe me, I have seen it all. I am hardly a sheltered wallflower and I think I have a good sense of humor. But to me, what may be funny in a private conversation with a girlfriend isn’t appropriate content for a large company. OK, I’m done! 😏

Respected Contributor

I wish that Mally would choose a better choice of words in describing her products. I am so tired of hearing that her make-up is bullet proof. She can say budge proof, smudge proof, etc.
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I wish that Mally would choose a better choice of words in describing her products. I am so tired of hearing that her make-up is bullet proof. She can say budge proof, smudge proof, etc.

@lgfan 

Just wondering how they test that. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since when hasn't QVC catered to the over 50+ crowd? That's pretty much all I see. I think there's quite a few of us GenX here but not millennials as much. If they are targeting millennials they're certainly not doing a good job. 

Honored Contributor

Since Shawn is Saving Everything lately....... why not have :

"Shawn Saves Over 50  And Fabulous"?  

Valued Contributor

I don't know what Shawn is saving Spring from.  That show title has always annoyed me, starting with Christmas. I really don't think Christmas was in danger and needed saving.  What's next, Shawn saves Summer?  Please.....NO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nevergivesup wrote:

I’m sure I will receive pushback on this but I think QVC is going the way of the Lume doctor and the Dulcolax commercial about “pushing out a pineapple”.

Sorry but I find it so tasteless and unnecessary. We have Mally’s “peeing  your pants” commercial playing regularly and a few days ago Jane Treacy treated us to a long story about how she learned that flamingos “poop pink”. She was in the bathroom stall at a museum  “doing her business” when she read this interesting fact about flamingos.... You get the idea.

Anyway I’ve had my vent for the day. I was an RN in a large city hospital for years and, believe me, I have seen it all. I am hardly a sheltered wallflower and I think I have a good sense of humor. But to me, what may be funny in a private conversation with a girlfriend isn’t appropriate content for a large company. OK, I’m done! 😏

Good grief, @nevergivesup, no pushback from me whatsoever! Your post was spot on, you said it perfectly, and I applaud you. The juvenile behavior and crassness that has taken over QVC is so unnecessary. And believe me, I'm no prude either...far from it! 

BTW, that's not the first time JT has told the pink flamingo poop story. Since I've shopped here for well over thirty years I've heard it more then a few times. Woman Frustrated 

Bottom line for me, I just don't enjoy spending time with the majority of hosts on QVC anymore. They annoy me. And there was a time I watched pretty much nothing else but QVC. And I have zillions of purchases to prove it! 😲 Jill Bauer when she was a regular host here had a single word she would use to describe something. She would simply say, "enjoyable." QVC for sooooo many wonderful years was just that for me. But now, it is truly the complete opposite! 

Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks  for posting who will be hosting. I am Definitely Not  going to watch " Over 50 and Fabulous ". JT will make it the JT show . No Thanks!

I already know that I am  "over 50 and fabulous " .