Trusted Contributor

Re: "Over 50 And Fabulous" On QVC

New show title but same boring products.  They need to do the opposite.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a baby boomer who is two decades over fifty, I think this is just another catchy show title that is ridiculous. You can be any age and be fabulous as I believe it is more your mindset and attitude that causes it rather than your makeup or your wardrobe. (And, no, I don't believe you need expensive items to be "fabulous.")

P.S. Stop with the "Shawn Saves...." titles of shows because that is a ridiculous assumption that she's "saving" Christmas or Halloween or now the season of spring!  Can she possibly "save" us from inflation though?!  That would really be an accomplishment! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the Mally add on QVC the other day . Don't mind they title a show  as " Over 50 and Fabulous " .  Mally  was  hyping the show to be fun and address common  issues  when aging . I did not care for the comment abt  bladder incontinence as some of us older women do not have that problem . I respect that some do and it is a fact of life for some after child  birth . Unfortunately, my expectation is that the show will have Hosts who interrupt the  makeup vendors and take up the spotlight in their " makeup application skills".  I aslo expect they will be trying to sell the bladder leak panties that they sell.

Respected Contributor

Is this the show that Shawn and Jane are doing? It should be interesting. I hope it is some new stuff.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen the commercial for it.  She talks about being at the age where she pees her pants when she laughs (her words).

There were some complaints about it over on the Facebook group.  Mally seems to be very polarizing with the viewers there.  The mods have deleted all the negative posts.

And fear not, QVC is still going for the millennial crowd. 

There are now Millennial "influencers" on FB posting pics with all the clothes, makeup, etc., that they have bought from the Q.

They actually point out their age in their post, "Hi, millennial here". 

I'm in my 40's (Gen X) and I sometimes feel like I'm the youngest person posting over there.

😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the idea of the show and I like the title. I'd like to see "Over 50 and Fabulous" become a popular saying everywhere.  

Respected Contributor

Seems as if the assumption was made that the "Over 50" group will be home on a Friday night to watch. The under 50 group may be out and about. In my case, the assumption is correct. Demographic statistics may have driven this decision. I hope it works for them.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  100% agree it should be the professional acting Laura Geller.  Instead of it being an enjoyabe show to watch it will be another circus of loud and jumping up and down clowns and and a channel changer for me.

Trusted Contributor

To quote Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes....

"I'm older and have more insurance"🤣🤣

Many of us "older" shoppers have the buying power that many of these companies have ignored....time to come to the table and recognize us.....

Valued Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Kachina624  100% agree it should be the professional acting Laura Geller.  Instead of it being an enjoyabe show to watch it will be another circus of loud and jumping up and down clowns and and a channel changer for me.

GUESS WHAT ? It will be Jane Tracey hosting and in case you didn't know, she just turned 61 I think.

Isn't RACHAEL almost 60.....she looks great !