Honored Contributor

"Over 50 And Fabulous" On QVC

What's going on here??  After 3-4 years putting all their eggs in the Millennial basket, is QVC admitting that hasn't been working out very well.  Older buyers are "Where It's At."  I kind of think the word is "inclusive," deciding shutting out older buyers in their marketing campaigns wasn't a good idea.  

Over 50 & Fabulous

Tune into Over 50 & Fabulous on Friday nights from 2/3 thru 3/10 at 8pm ET on QVC®, and enjoy an exclusive watch party happening simultaneously on QVC.com and QVC’s Facebook. Then, at 9pm ET, tune in for the Over 50 & Fabulous Aftershow across QVC.com, QVC’s Facebook & YouTube, and the QVC+ streaming app.

See video here

Over 50 & Fabulous — QVC.com

Honored Contributor

Re: "Over 50 And Fabulous" On QVC

I question whether Mally is the right vendor to present on such a show.  I can't watch her frenetic style more than 5 minutes.  Seems to me Laura Geller would have been a more appropriate choice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The Baby Boomers have the time and cash to shop.  And the need for help with skin, hair, etc.

Respected Contributor

It is just another show to watch. Being they are on so many hours they have to try new things. Never cared what a show's title is

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee All I say is it's about time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope that the cosmetics offered are more subdued for women in their 50's. I am getting tired of too much sparkle in cosmetics. Unlike Neely in Valley of the Dolls I don't need more sparkle.

Honored Contributor

When did QVC beauty ever shut out older women? Their beauty shows are ALL about fixing or covering up saggy skin, wrinkles, crevices, dark circles, dark spots, crepey skin. It's all about older women. I think the Malley show is just a focused show for shoppers who don't watch all the beauty shows done in a week. They can drop in, see a bunch of beauty products and go.  

Respected Contributor

I think they needed to increase the age to Over 60 or 70 and Super!

50 seems young to me now...Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:
I think they needed to increase the age to Over 60 or 70 and Super!
50 seems young to me now...Cat LOL
I agree!  50 is young.  Old age skin problems are a  65, 70 and over issue.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

chrystaltree you are talking mostly about skincare. Most of the cosmetics are still geared towards younger women. Yes, they have concealers but then they put baby pink blush over it with a lot of highlighter.