Honored Contributor

Re: "I'm Stretched To The Limit!" Zone!

This is not much different than what DH and I have done for the past couple of years now both retired. We only go to the store once a week and stay home the rest of the time other than for say a dentist or dr appointment. 

So this has not seemed any different from how we lived our lives retired.....

other than the STRESS and sadness of hearing all the horrible news of deaths and people suffering from loss of jobs etc.  That is the hardest part for me personally... 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

For me, life is good. My wife is back home after a 4 day "free" Pet Sitting stay at her cousin's, who lives in a different city. She was in the hospital with fluid around her lungs and heart. She was released Saturday and my wife returned home.

Our 7 furry kids, and yours truly, are very happy. We are used to spending lots of time together in our rural type home. Little things pop up on occasion, but are quickly forgotten. I have a great life, even through what seems tough going for others.

hckynut

@hckynut I said to my husband recently since our unfortunate incarceration here at home, I am so happy because for the first time in our long lives together, I have had him with me weeks on end without something pulling him away.  

He had a long demanding career and I'm happy for some peaceful time together!  Oh, and he cooks!

Honored Contributor

@stargazergal wrote:

What a wonderful husband to want to help....... through all of this time in turmoil....for all of the wives that no longer have their husbands around ........ perhaps if you viewed it differently........ that you get to spend this time together....... It could be a good thing.

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have kept house for 40+years...now DH wants to help and honestly I don't need help.  He has no idea how to entertain himself...it's gonna be a long two weeks confined in the house.

@Mom2Dogs Can you park him in front of Netflix?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@stargazergal wrote:

What a wonderful husband to want to help....... through all of this time in turmoil....for all of the wives that no longer have their husbands around ........ perhaps if you viewed it differently........ that you get to spend this time together....... It could be a good thing.

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have kept house for 40+years...now DH wants to help and honestly I don't need help.  He has no idea how to entertain himself...it's gonna be a long two weeks confined in the house.

@ECBG Ha, ha...we have been enjoying the free movies that spectrum has offered so house hold chores were put on hold this weekend!

@stargazergal   the thread was meant to be lighthearted.

Honored Contributor

We do our loyal best to each go to his corner and wait for the bell.  

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@stargazergal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG Ha, ha...we have been enjoying the free movies that spectrum has offered so house hold chores were put on hold this weekend!

@stargazergal   the thread was meant to be lighthearted.

Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am so happy to hear this !   This is the time to truly be appreciative....... to love one another ...... Take Care and keep watching those movies and holding hands and loving one another...... don't forget the popcorn!