Respected Contributor

Re: " How Do I Get Lawn Care ?"

If you think the Park folks are somehow limiting your choices, why don't you ask them for recommendations?

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@BeccaLou   Who do your neighbors use?  I would ask them and use someone that one of them uses.  They could do both of your yards at the same time.

This is what many here do.  I see the more national companies (Tru-Green, Scotts as well as independent local companies here).  Oftentimes I get flyers from them placed in the paper part of my mailbox with a note on back when these guys are in the neighborhood.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Financialgrl wrote:

This is what many here do.  I see the more national companies (Tru-Green, Scotts as well as independent local companies here).  Oftentimes I get flyers from them placed in the paper part of my mailbox with a note on back when these guys are in the neighborhood.  

Unfortunately, the OP apparently tried this and it still didn't work:

I've called several Lawn professionals and they don't return my calls.And from what I understand we have people coming in our park and disposing the clipping and don't even mow in here. They even put up a camera. That is what was one of my lawn care people and I think they were doing both.And wanted to try to charge me a seperate fee to dispos of my clipping , and we have dumpsters in here. So they wanted to argue with me and my health was stirred up by this . And I caught them trying to say they cut my lawn and I didn't pay them because I wasn't home. So I made a card and had her sign that she received money from and she still insisted that I owned her more, So we ended our business with them.And it was shabby work to begin with. And their rates kept increasing for one reason or another. I think they are gone also. I hired them because they cut my neighbors lawn and it was convenient to just cut ours. 

Respected Contributor

How do get rid of my lawn ? What does that mean ?

Respected Contributor

I love you so much for your sincere concern. I will keep you updated to how the situation pans out .Heart

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou Google Raising Men Lawn Care. Rodney runs a program where he encourages kids to go out and volunteer to do peoples lawns. On the website at the top there's a contact us area. You can send them a message and see if they have a kid in your area that is doing this. They also shovel in the winter.

Trusted Contributor

check with     your local aging services.  they maybe able to help with this

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

You would think. We've been here 24 years and with each new manager it's more hassles.And they sent a fella over and we did talk the maintenace crew to go over it so it wasn't to tall, now this fella claims he can't get his lawn mower threw it and the park wants to charge on top of what he charges. Not they claim they don't have time. I cna't get anything done because they in the past just show up, I trying to use the bathroom or have the sweeper on and they get inpatient and think I am jet propelled. I hate getiing to the point where I just can't do what I like for my self.

@BeccaLou   Are you saying that someone is telling you that your grass is so tall they can't get the lawn mower through it?  If that's the case you will probably have to get a professional company to do it.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

My lawn isn't any longer than anyone elses , it just the rain causing the delay in mowing. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, my long is getting there waiting for someone to mow it for me.