Respected Contributor

Re: " How Do I Get Lawn Care ?"

I've called several Lawn professionals and they don't return my calls.And from what I understand we have people coming in our park and disposing the clipping and don't even mow in here. They even put up a camera. That is what was one of my lawn care people and I think they were doing both.And wanted to try to charge me a seperate fee to dispos of my clipping , and we have dumpsters in here. So they wanted to argue with me and my health was stirred up by this . And I caught them trying to say they cut my lawn and I didn't pay them because I wasn't home. So I made a card and had her sign that she received money from and she still insisted that I owned her more, So we ended our business with them.And it was shabby work to begin with. And their rates kept increasing for one reason or another. I think they are gone also. I hired them because they cut my neighbors lawn and it was convenient to just cut ours. 

Respected Contributor

I tried this several times and then the young man lost interest and just didn't show up anywhere. One stopped my husband in the driveway gave his number but he never return the phone call. Sometimes these kids come from a broken home and just move to the other parents home. Fine, but why people just can't let you know something and not just ignore the phone  call.I am exhausted because the park  hounds people.And threaten if they do it  is $50.00. I can't afford that especially since they just raised our lot rent again.The young just doesn't get expense. I was just in the hospital and still paying the Dr. Bills.People act like every one has money just laying around. And because of this I am starting to feel really sick again.

Respected Contributor

You would think. We've been here 24 years and with each new manager it's more hassles.And they sent a fella over and we did talk the maintenace crew to go over it so it wasn't to tall, now this fella claims he can't get his lawn mower threw it and the park wants to charge on top of what he charges. Not they claim they don't have time. I cna't get anything done because they in the past just show up, I trying to use the bathroom or have the sweeper on and they get inpatient and think I am jet propelled. I hate getiing to the point where I just can't do what I like for my self.

Respected Contributor

Yes and they don't answer the phone and don't return calls either.

Respected Contributor

Make sure they are license bonded & insured, you may pay more but you will get quality work. They will come back. I live in Az. (no grass) they come once a month know when to trim fertilize and take all the clippings away my DH was hacking away at the bushes lost a few when it gets hot he was out at 7:30am he did his best but wow having them come out made a difference. I have not a huge yard front & back pay $80 a month, DH is so happy & he doesn't have to be bothered. So many times DH would go out trim & the sweat coming down from him then putting it all in the trashcans, this is way better. This is our treat. 

Honored Contributor

There are no clippings when you cut regularly and use a mulching blade.

I live where there is only a  month or 2 that grass doesn't need cutting, it's  easy to find someone because they can work pretty much year round.

I think you are putting too much energy into this, your neighbors get their yard cut.    Why can't you get yours cut?

I'm 66 with multiple health issues, I can do my own lawn.

I'm on 0.75 acre, uphill

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

This was my first call. Got no where with that attempt either.

@BeccaLou   We don't know who you are replying to with your replies.  Replies don't go right below the post to which you're replying.  You have to either quote the person posting by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner above the box, or mention the person's name that you're replying to.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Over the years I have had only two reliable lawn service companies.  The first one was excellent, but just became too expensive. It was a family business and they did twice-weekly mowings and frequently adjusted prices when the family needed more money.  I still hire them occasionally for special jobs.

The second company I am still using for routine maintenance and they are great. Besides lawn care, they even shovel snow during the winter. 

I am allergic to trees and grass and could never cut the lawn or do yard work myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou 

I’m really sorry you’re having all this trouble getting someone to cut your grass and that it’s making you ill.  I can sympathize because I went through the same thing.

I think part of your trouble is that many people and companies just don’t want to deal with a mobile park situation.  It’s not worth their time and effort.  That’s why I suggested previously that you try to get some neighbors together and all have your yards done by the same person/company.  It would then be more cost effective for that person to come and continue to come. 

If your neighbors are having the same problem, I think you should go to the park manager and see if they can help.  

If it’s been raining a lot and people can’t mow, there’s nothing much you can do about that.  It’s been raining a lot where I live too, and my yard grows tall before it can get mowed.

Look in your local newspaper for people who do yards, if you’re unfamiliar with the internet sources.  And just keep calling.  You could also try putting an ad in the newspaper yourself for “Help Wanted”.  

As others have suggested, talk to your church or senior centers.  Don’t you have any family or friends that could either mow for you or help you find somebody to do so?

Lastly, you probably are going to have to lower your standards.  Your yard may not get done just exactly how you’d like or how you did it when you were able.  My husband died last year and I can no longer mow my huge yard by myself. I also had a hard time finding anyone to mow.  I finally did, but he doesn’t do nearly as good a job as my husband or I did.  Nor does he come as often as I’d like.  And this person not only is a neighbor, but owns a yard care company!  But this is just one of many things I’ve learned to live with.  It’s part of aging.  There are a lot of things that change.

I hope you can find someone soon.  In the meantime, please try not to worry about it too much.

🙂🕊❤️