Honored Contributor

Re: "Hello!" and good thoughts to chickenbutt❤️

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt

I just found this thread and so glad I did.  I’m so sorry to hear of your painful experience. But it didn’t seem to dampen your enthusiasm one bit.  

I’m glad you are feeling better and that you can type—been missing you in Electronics and elsewhere.  Please stay with us, as you can tell, you have been sorely (no pun intended) missed.  Just ignore the spoil-sports and talk to the rest of us!

Honored Contributor

geezerette wrote:

@chickenbutt

I just found this thread and so glad I did.  I’m so sorry to hear of your painful experience. But it didn’t seem to dampen your enthusiasm one bit.  

I’m glad you are feeling better and that you can type—been missing you in Electronics and elsewhere.  Please stay with us, as you can tell, you have been sorely (no pun intended) missed.  Just ignore the spoil-sports and talk to the rest of us!

Thanks!  Smiley Happy  That's very kind.  I have been here for so many years that even when I decide to stay away for a while I miss quite a few peeps!

I'm pretty good at ignoring the ugly.  Sometimes something needs to be said but one thing I won't do is get in some big ol' back and forth with somebody who just seeks to harm.   

One of my favorite sayings - 'You can't reason with the unreasonable'.

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

Hiya dooB, et al!  Nice seeing you and thank you ALL for the wonderful thoughts.  

I had kind of backed away when it seemed like so many people, thankfully not the majority but enough to dirty up the place, are so bent on being mean and rude.  Seems so unnecessary.

But then, in September, I fell and broke my left arm very badly.  Doing ok and even getting where I can kind of use it as long as no pressure or weight on it.   Of the two bones in the forearm, the smaller one had a hairline all the way across it and the larger one was fully broken in half and displaced.

I know people deal with worse stuff, so I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party, but this has been one of the most difficult things I've gone through in a very long time!   First of all, being that I'm left-handed, it has left me where I can hardly do anything.  I am totally worthless with the right hand, plus the arthritis on the right hand has been worse so it has aggravated that and then I developed a 'trigger thumb' on that side.  The ortho doc I'm going to for the broken arm gave me a cortisone shot and thst really helped at night but it was screaming during the day because of having to use it for everything.

So, he put this 'thumb brace' on me andl et me tell you - this has been magical!   I would highly recommend this particular one.

I had 3 different casts on the left arm and am now just with a brace but last week the phys therapy man told me to start taking it off sometimes to get the arm used to movement.  But tht thumb is having al ot of pain too, so now i have a thumb brace for that one.    I'm like some kind of cyborg now. hehe

Anyway, it is great to see the NICE folks here and I sincerely appreciately the thoughts and kindnesses of you all.

Heart

PS:  Aubergine - do I know you from a previous name?  

Chickie!   My friend!   I'm overjoyed to see your post!    I've only been on the forums a tiny wee bit in recent weeks (long story), so there's a lot to catch up on and I'll have to try and do so a little at a time.    I knew there were some good reasons to find a few minutes to read tonight!

I need to say an enthusiastic and jubilant "hello!" to you, "welcome back!" and the most (((gentle hugs))).    I'm so sorry to read about your injury.    I say go ahead an have that pity party, because it sounds like you deserve it.    I know you to be a warrior, a tough cookie, and in this case life threw you a huge challenge.    My prayers go out to you, and lots of positive vibes, and I hope you feel strong, well, and pain-free soon.    I hope the slings and arrows that sometimes show up on the forums won't come your way...  and if they do, phooey on them.   

We love you and are thankful you're here.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Stormygirl123 wrote:

@chickenbutt Welcome back and Im sorry to read about your broken arm. Big hugs to you. I too had been gone for many months.....just recently a few days ago felt good enough to post. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and continue to be on the mend. Love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Stormy

(((@Stormygirl)))!   Another delightful and heartwarming surprise.   You have no idea how often I think of you and offer silent words of support and healing up to the heavens and across the miles.   You are loved and missed by all of us, and so warmly welcomed when you feel strong enough to share with us.   I have too much to catch up on...  but wanted to add my joy and thankfulness to see you here.   Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hey dooBster!   So nice seeing you!!    You are just the kindest, most helpful and centered person and I always look forward to seeing you and your posts.   This board would be sooooo much less pleasant without you and, if you've known me for more than 5 minutes, you know that I don't say things I don't mean!

I'm doing ok but, man, this takes a long time.  You would not believe, unless you've had one arm completely incapacitated, how much we do that requires two hands/arms.   Since my thumbs have also gone bad I've learned to appreciate them a lot more, too!   I didn't fully appreciate that pretty much anything you do with your hand requires a working thumb.  

Anyhoo, now I can type againalthough not yet as well as before and I have to keep it in short spurts or the arm starts to ache and I have these  kind of weird radiating pains.  

Happy day!  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

chickenbutt wrote:

Hey dooBster!   So nice seeing you!!    You are just the kindest, most helpful and centered person and I always look forward to seeing you and your posts.   This board would be sooooo much less pleasant without you and, if you've known me for more than 5 minutes, you know that I don't say things I don't mean!

I'm doing ok but, man, this takes a long time.  You would not believe, unless you've had one arm completely incapacitated, how much we do that requires two hands/arms.   Since my thumbs have also gone bad I've learned to appreciate them a lot more, too!   I didn't fully appreciate that pretty much anything you do with your hand requires a working thumb.  

Anyhoo, now I can type againalthough not yet as well as before and I have to keep it in short spurts or the arm starts to ache and I have these  kind of weird radiating pains.  

Happy day!  Heart

@chickenbutt,  I can only imagine how painful and incapacitating it is.   I'm so lucky never to have broken a bone (knock on wood).    I do hope the healing goes quickly and you're back in business soon.   

Thanks, so much, for the lovely and touching compliment.    Means more to me than I can properly express.   I feel the same way about you, my friend.❤️   

I hope you have an excellent Thanksgiving!   Take gentle care of yourself.