Super Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I have very few that keep in touch. They are in poor health as time goes on. And Friends are passing alot. I lost 7 frinds and my Husband this past year. So on my own practically.

@BeccaLou   No wonder you feel so lonely and lost.  You have good reason to be.  I wish there was something I could do to take away some of the grief and loneliness, but all I can do is let you know that you are not alone.  There are many people who you can reach out to here, even if it is not in person or on the phone.  

Stay strong ... and stay safe.  

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou  Unfortunately we can't exchange messages here but the "other forum" does. I don't have a link to it anymore but lots of people here do. You could get on there and exchange emails with people they also have a "widow's thread."

Also, there is Facebook, that would help you connect with people, especially local people.

Respected Contributor

Thank-You.

Respected Contributor

I have one close friend that was a friend to my husband and keeps in touch with me since I lost my husband  , our friend came down with the covid on Sunday and is not doing well at all. I am scared I will lose him too and I will be very much alone. My Doctors's nurse has opened her heart to me if I need her to talk to . So that's nice . 

Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

I have very few that keep in touch. They are in poor health as time goes on. And Friends are passing alot. I lost 7 frinds and my Husband this past year. So on my own practically.

@BeccaLou   No wonder you feel so lonely and lost.  You have good reason to be.  I wish there was something I could do to take away some of the grief and loneliness, but all I can do is let you know that you are not alone.  There are many people who you can reach out to here, even if it is not in person or on the phone.  

@juanitalinda wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

and @BeccaLou  Stay with us here.

Respected Contributor

Thank-You So much appreciate you

Respected Contributor

Yes but who  care for it if I would have to go to the hospital. And I'v Tried birds to much work and to noisy. I'v tried parrakeep when I was y0uger and did not work out. 

Respected Contributor

Thank-You

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Getting Old Is Awful"

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BeccaLou    Rest assured there are many people out there as lonely as you.  Its a neck of a way to spend your senior years, isn't it?  A dirty trick if you ask me.

I've been sitting here isolated and alone for about 2 years with just the company of 2 dogs and a visit from the AC repairman.  All my friends have died or moved away and there's no opportunity to meet new people.  My closest relative is almost 2,000 miles away.  Thank goodness for the social contacts I have here on the boards with many great women and good friends.

Hang in there and when you're in the mood, come here or to a site of your choice and chat.

Yes, I'm feeling it too! My husband of 50 years passed away the day before we went into lockdown in March 2020. I feel very lucky to have technology like this to fill the gaps-it's just SO long...and then WINTER Smiley Sad   Such kind and thoughtful support here though-thanks everyone!

Respected Contributor

Has anyone here purchased the neck fanc that come on a adjustable string ? Needing to purchase more . Yhank you in advance.