Honored Contributor

Re: Dreading my Husband's Return

I would never be able to live with someone who made a mess and expected me to clean it up. My husband is very neat and would never leave any kind of mess for me, he's too thoughtful.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Dreading" my Husband's Return

My husband cooks his Stoffers lasagna in the microwave....leaves spatters of cheese and sauce for me to clean up every time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would never be able to live with someone who made a mess and expected me to clean it up. My husband is very neat and would never leave any kind of mess for me, he's too thoughtful.

Me neither!  If he's physically able to clean his own messes, then he should do that.  IMO it's immature and selfish to leave messes for someone else - anyone else - to clean up. I could never be with someone who did that.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Icegoddess ,  

Like your husband a "confirmed bachelor" also. My 1st and only marriage took place when I was 62, February 14, 2002. I was pretty set in my ways, but few that my wife complains about, at least not to me. She was older than your husband when we married, also her 1st marriage.

Guess I have always been a "cleaner" as I like to vacuum and do many other regular household cleaning jobs. Can't  remember the last time I sat in a bath tub, nor has my wife. She says "why would I want to sit in dirty water"?

Alone time is something, in my opinion, every couple needs at times. No shame towards you for enjoying those times. With my wife's business, we both have a lot of those times now. A few days here a few days there I kinda like, but the 2-3 week ones? Not so much.

Sounds to me like you and your husband have a darned good "working relationship", good for both of ya's.

ETA:  When I mentioned my hockey players forgetting their skates? I can't imagine you going to the rink to skate and forgetting yours. Yep, in my 52 years of running my adult league, I lost count of players that did just that, and sometimes it was their hockey sticks.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut , I'm with your wife on the sitting in dirty water. 

I don't remember ever leaving my skates at home, but I have walked out of the house without them.  However, I would not blame somebody else if I did leave them at home.  Just like I don't pack my husband's stuff for his boat trips.

I wish I had someone to come stay with my cats once a year when we go on our ski trips.  The Ninja kitties especially are so human oriented.  And, now that Sambo has asthma, I just can't leave him at home without someone there to keep an eye on him, so I'm going to have to board him.  I'm not real happy about it, but at least it's a cat-only vet/facility.

Respected Contributor

What I wouldn't give to have my slob of a husband still with me!  Miss him so much.

Honored Contributor

People will live up or down to your expectations.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan   "Comes down to being considerate" - you nailed it. I don't care how you were brought up picking up, cleaning up after one's self is just that, considertaion, respect, down right plain common courtesy.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

There are a lot of people like yourself that do not want to "board" their pets. That is why my wife thought her business, "Pampered Pets", would do so well here in our area. Too well, at times, to suit me. Especially those in other cities for 2-3 weeks. Our 7 kids miss her, as do I, for those long periods of time.

She sits in her clients homes with their pets while they are gone. She let's them know however that she might be gone 4-5 hours during the day. She limits the number of dogs to 3 to be sure she can take the best care of them. She has had many that need daily, or regular meds given to them. Some are easier than others, but dogs are much more cooperative that cats, even our own.

Many with cats prefer to have her just come over to their homes and either let the cats out(which she doesn't really like), feed them and clean their litter box(s). She also spends a couple hours visiting with them, if they like "human stranger's" company. She only does that if they live a reasonable distance from our home, not in other cities in our state, or Iowa.

Back to skates. In my many decades of playing and a referee I never forgot what I needed to do either. I had a "check list" for both(now a bag for public skating with drunk clean socks etc) I went down before I left my home. When going to the rink directly from my job, in ca-ca cold whether, I used to thaw my skates with a blow dryer. Either brought my own or used the drink's hand air dryer in restroom.

Be well now,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I would give anything to have my hubby return, he went to Heaven 8 years ago and I miss him every waking moment.  So count your blessings that your husdand is with you.