Honored Contributor

"Dreading" my Husband's Return

[ Edited ]

It's not what you think.  He's been gone since Wednesday, and I have enjoyed the alone time.  Didn't get as much done as I would've liked, but it was still high 90's outside (100 a couple of days) and no rain in over a month now, so no outside work, except a lot of watering, due to both reasons.  But, I have a clean kitchen, and I know when he gets back that's be all over, especially the microwave.  He doesn't clean it after he cooks bacon in it, and only barely wiped it after an oatmeal boil-over.  I don't have a before pic, but here's proof of my beautiful, clean microwave.

MWave Door Closed.jpg

Microwave.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dreading my Husband's Return

As a self professed cleaning fanatic I feel your pain and salute you! It looks great. Job well done😉.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My husband goes away for days and even overnight.

I'd rather he be here with me.  Yes, he does make a mess sometimes, but no big deal.  

My sister is a widow and has been for years.  She still misses her husband and always says if he was still here, she wouldn't sweat the small things.

Clean appliances are small thing in my world.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I get it.My dh is very messy too.His mom never thought men should have to clean up behind themselves and he has committed to that.

Respected Contributor

I laughed reading your thread @Icegoddess. My late husband exploded his oatmeal in the microwave everytime he made it & left the mess for me to cleanup...it wasn't funny then but it's a happy memory now. 

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I laughed reading your thread @Icegoddess. My late husband exploded his oatmeal in the microwave everytime he made it & left the mess for me to cleanup...it wasn't funny then but it's a happy memory now. 

@kitcat51 I think cooking it on 50% is the key, but men don't know anything but 100%.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Icegoddess I get it.My dh is very messy too.His mom never thought men should have to clean up behind themselves and he has committed to that.

These are the same men who carry that mentality into the workplace.  I worked in offices for over 40 years.  There was always a break room/kitchen.  The men NEVER wiped up a spill, started another pot of coffee when they took the last cup (or left a fraction of an ounce still on the burner), washed a dish or cup, cleaned their old food out of the refrigerator, or replaced a used up toilet paper roll in the staff bathroom.

I sometimes dreamed of leaving big notes around, saying "Your mother doesn't work here.....clean up after yourself."  

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@dex wrote:

These are the same men who carry that mentality into the workplace.  I worked in offices for over 40 years.  There was always a break room/kitchen.  The men NEVER wiped up a spill, started another pot of coffee when they took the last cup (or left a fraction of an ounce still on the burner), washed a dish or cup, cleaned their old food out of the refrigerator, or replaced a used up toilet paper roll in the staff bathroom.

I sometimes dreamed of leaving big notes around, saying "Your mother doesn't work here.....clean up after yourself."  

Newsflash: all men are slobs. I know there may be a small handful who arent. I know Dan Hughes says he is always cleaning. 

Honored Contributor

Mine traveled for years, some times 2-3 weeks at a time- I was so used to having "girl" time and etc but when he became an international manager and works from home, Lord have mercy I've had my moments but truth be known, and my opinion, life is too short to worry about a dirty microwave..  I'd rather have him home and on my last nerve than on the road.. He makes me more than happy, the road to where we are now hasn't been easy but by golly we did it together..

We thank the big guy up above everyday for our blessings that we worked together for..

awhhhhhh little dawn and towel cleans the microwave or anything else dirty... but  Heart my hubby!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

@dex wrote:

Newsflash: all men are slobs. I know there may be a small handful who arent. I know Dan Hughes says he is always cleaning. 

I disagree.  I have known very, very few men who I would consider to be slobs.  I would never agree that all men are slobs - or even most.