Respected Contributor

Do you feel biopsies can cause more damage than good. I have a friend that's Doctor told her that her cancer can be treated with medicines. That was was a relief but now he also wants to do bioposies and this was told to her with in a minute or two of the medicine option. But she didn't ask why. I would have ask why , I think it may cause the cancer to spread.It's internal cancer, and wonder how that can heal versus externally.Also I didn't hear any exact proof of cancer from him. 

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou  ...... I think before anyone can even try to answer your question they need more information. Type of doctor doing treatment, type of cancer, etc. Always best to have two opinions on any major health issue.

Honored Contributor

I think you should leave your friends medical care to her and her doctor and just be a supportive friend.  One who doesn't upset with wacky stuff like this.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg Iam just worried sick about her. She had a silent heart attack in June and then told her she might have cancer as well.

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou  ..... I am getting confused. I take it her cardiologist was not the one to tell her she "might" have cancer since that is not their specialty. What doctor told her she "might" have cancer. I don't know how someone "might" have cancer ..... test should confirm the results. If you are that concerned I strongly suggest you ask your friend to get another doctor's opinion. Is anyone going with your friend to make sure she is understanding everything the doctor is trying to explain?

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg My friend was told in the hospital that this cancer is some how linked with the silent heart attack. I don't think she has a family memeber to go with her. And I'm not feeling well enough to go with her. I am so afraid of losing her, we have been friends for over 30 years and she is the last of my friends..She went to the Doctor today and closes I can gather it must have something to do with her baldder. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree Not sure what is meant by wachy stuff like this?. She is really shook up and can't talk without crying.And I am not upsetting her.

Regular Contributor

The dr. Can't tell if it's cancer without a biopsy. It can be treated with medicines or chemo if it is cancer. The specimen that is removed during the biopsy needs to be examined under a microscope to tell if it is a cancer.

Honored Contributor

If your friend has questions about what was said, she should see the Dr again and bring someone with her to take notes.  Write a list of questions ahead of time.

I am not concerned about a biopsy.  That's what will help the Dr determine if there is cancer.  Depending on the type, surgery may also be needed.

QVC Customer Care